Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Thread: ADSL IPC price cuts are going ahead next week

Happy that at least there is some drop in pricing and that they're actually regulating Telkom, if this does actually happen! Hope that ISPs are quick and willing to pass this saving on to us!

Default April fool

April fool!!!!Fail!!

Update: ICASA today said that Telkom will reduce the cost of the IPConnect product by 30%.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    Update: ICASA today said that Telkom will reduce the cost of the IPConnect product by 30%.
    That sounds like good news. What % of bandwidth does IPC account for?
    the nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry & depression

I guess miracles do happen.
    ATTENTION: Bloody dishonourable SCAMRAL agent and clones

Trying to bait me into replying to your troll posts is not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    All ISPs which provide their own ADSL services (MWEB, Web Africa, ATC, Internet Solutions, Cybersmart etc) use IPC.

When talking about the cost, it is a large portion (larger than international bandwidth I think)..

FINALLY ICASA has done something noteworthy in the industry!! Could it be that they've finally grown a backbone and are going to liberate us from this Hellkom Monster?? Please let it be so!

30% is a step in the right direction...

Now I'm happy with the price I pay MWEB, so I don't necessarily want them to reduce the price, but I would prefer them to add more capacity and reduce the shaping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    Probably around 50-60%.

Great news!!

I understand all the naysayers having a go but if the amount of money spent on IPC by the ISPs is in the ballpark I think it is, the initial savings to them will be huge.

MWEB has been pretty good with bringing about change, I will trust in them to continue in this fashion and pass on said saving to the consumer. I don't expect immediate results, but now that this decrease is in place, the ball has started rolling and hopefully Telkom won't put out their foot and stop it xD

Quote Originally Posted by StevenC View Post
    I understand all the naysayers having a go but if the amount of money spent on IPC by the ISPs is in the ballpark I think it is, the initial savings to them will be huge.

MWEB has been pretty good with bringing about change, I will trust in them to continue in this fashion and pass on said saving to the consumer. I don't expect immediate results, but now that this decrease is in place, the ball has started rolling and hopefully Telkom won't put out their foot and stop it xD
    I agree that this is a very positive move for us consumers BUT the savings should be passed on to us IMMEDIATELY.

The ISPs have been bitching for years about the IPC costs, so now they will need to back it up with price decreases.
    Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.
    -George Eliot (1819-1880)

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    I agree that this is a very positive move for us consumers BUT the savings should be passed on to us IMMEDIATELY.

The ISPs have been bitching for years about the IPC costs, so now they will need to back it up with price decreases.
    In that case I would like to see TelkomInternet decreasing its ADSL prices on Sunday morning, oh wait TelkomInternet doesn't pay IPC costs

IPC ISPs have been raped by Telkom as much as consumers have been raped by Telkom, ISPs will be reluctant to reduce their pricing but market forces will kick in and force them to pass on the savings to consumers, all we have to do is be patient and realistic.
    ATTENTION: Bloody dishonourable SCAMRAL agent and clones

Trying to bait me into replying to your troll posts is not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by efitol View Post
    It's a trap?
    Quote Originally Posted by evilstebunny View Post
    April fools?
    I really hope not, I must say its very sudden for something this big - I can't believe the ISPs are getting a price reduction with one day lead and on a Sunday. Do you think Telkom chose this date to mess with everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by elriconess View Post
    Will they be reducing line rental as well? I am waiting for that day when Voice line rental is R50 and DSL (all speeds) R120
    Ooh, reduction on IPC and ADSL line rental would be great, but don't see that happening

Quote Originally Posted by ngadao08 View Post
    I laugh this 20% is less than R20.00
    OK, now add up every R20 for all 700 000 odd ADSL customers... Now spend that on extra capacity.
    Attention City of Joburg and its employees, you do not have permission to view this webpage, you will be charged for your malicious hacking crimes

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast