Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: 2+1 promo expiration

Question 2+1 promo expiration

For those of you who purchased the 2+1 promo recently, what does it say for the expiration date of your data?

I think I might be a bit paranoid here. But I bought the 2+1 promo yesterday, dialed *188# (standard protocol) and received the following SMSes:

Time: 29/03/2012 16:41

You have 2050 MB available. 2050 MB will expire on 01/05/2012

Time: 29/03/2012 16:41

You have 2327 MB of midnight surfer data available. 2327 MB will expire on 01/05/2012.

Popped the SIM into my phone and did some light browsing/software updates that evening. Decide to check my balance again some time this morning, and get this:

Time: 30/03/2012 07:16

You have 1932 MB available. 1932 MB will expire on 31/03/2012.

Time: 30/03/2012 07:16

You have 2327 MB of midnight surfer data available. 2327 MB will expire on 01/04/2012.

What gives? Balance checks from later in the day yield the same results. Afaik the promotion only stops end of May or June depending who you believe, but still, why would my data expire 2 days after loading it?

Of course, like I said earlier I might just be paranoid and its a mistake. That, or 8ta is doing an April fool's number on me . Guess I'll only find out tomorrow for sure. So what do the rest of you guys' SMSes say?

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    What is here? http://onnet.8ta.com
    So 30 April then? Hmm, so guess it's only me so far. Not really sure if I should be reassured by this or not, could still go either way. Personally hoping its either a mistake or April Fools ( Though I doubt it, really out of taste). Don't feel like having to deal with customer care if my 1.7gigs should disappear.

Just bought the 60+60 @ 8ta N1 City. Guy at 8ta said the 2+1 promo will end at the end of April.

Quote Originally Posted by rph72 View Post
    Just bought the 60+60 @ 8ta N1 City. Guy at 8ta said the 2+1 promo will end at the end of April.
    I'm sorry, but the guys at the store, in general, talk rubbish just to sound knowledgeable. Take everything they say with a pinch of salt.
    Never pat a burning dog

I don't see any options to buy the 2+1Gb bundle when I visit the website (and yes, my Sim is 8ta only)
    In South Africa even the information superhighway has potholes in it.

Super Grandmaster

My bundle expires on the first of may for some reason. Recharged during march. Just checked again. Workers day expiry! 2+1 still available on my data bundle menu!
    Last edited by akescpt; 30-03-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    I don't see any options to buy the 2+1Gb bundle when I visit the website (and yes, my Sim is 8ta only)
    Weird, I can see it on onnet
    Never pat a burning dog

The bundle lasts till the end of the next month, so if you recharge on the 1st of march then it will last until the 30th of may. Unfortunately it also means that if you recharge on the 31st of march your bundle will also expire on the 30th of may.

I see that your night owl balance is 2 gig. This shows that you had a bundle before, you obviously didn't use the night owl gig and it has not expired yet, so its been added on to the new bundle you added. This old bundle will expire on 31/03/2012. I have seen this happen on a few of their messages. The expiration date just gets confused.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    The bundle lasts till the end of the next month, so if you recharge on the 1st of march then it will last until the 30th of may. Unfortunately it also means that if you recharge on the 31st of march your bundle will also expire on the 30th of may.

I see that your night owl balance is 2 gig. This shows that you had a bundle before, you obviously didn't use the night owl gig and it has not expired yet, so its been added on to the new bundle you added. This old bundle will expire on 31/03/2012. I have seen this happen on a few of their messages. The expiration date just gets confused.
    You see that's what's got me confused. This isn't the first time I've recharged while having a substantial (don't laugh) amount left of my midnight data (night owl is vodacom bro), and all the other times the expiration date was always moved to the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by MongooseMan View Post
    I'm sorry, but the guys at the store, in general, talk rubbish just to sound knowledgeable. Take everything they say with a pinch of salt.
    Noted.

Blog Entries

NOOO! SAY ITS NOT TRUE!!!

Just an update. It seems it was a false alarm. Everything panned out alright. Expiry date now says 1 may 2012.

Hi rph72!

As per the 8ta website FAQ's:
    How long is the bundle valid for?
    The bundle is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.

We will follow up with the N1 City store regarding the misinformation

Regards,
    Social Media Team
    Quote Originally Posted by rph72 View Post

I know the 60+60 promo is valid for 12 months. When I bought it I asked for how long the 2+1 promo would still be available. .
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi rph72!

As per the 8ta website FAQ's:
    How long is the bundle valid for?
    The bundle is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.

We will follow up with the N1 City store regarding the misinformation

Regards,
    Social Media Team