Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need a newish car... but what?

Blog Entries

Buy a 2005- 2008 Ford FIesta. Most of them come with nice stuff

R80k or less.

Save on fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Venda Boy aka VB View Post

R80k or less.

Save on fuel
    Get the ST

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Bunny View Post
    i'm tired of have no aircon and also having to be towed everytime it rains and leaves big puddles everywhere. as you probably guessed, i have a citi golf.

my job requires me to have a car so that i can drive all over kzn every day. i do around 50000km in a year, so what car should i be looking at? i'll have to trade in mine and see what i'm left with after considering the loan (paid off 3 out of 6 years).

any ideas?
    http://www.autotrader.co.za/makemode...1bc34e9/advert

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Get the ST
    Correct

If you want something with all the bells and whistles, decent performance and excellent reliability then check out the i10.
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Rouxenator View Post
    If you want something with all the bells and whistles, decent performance and excellent reliability then check out the i10.
    50 000km a year, a good chunk I'm willing to bet on the open road, and you suggest an i10? That's a whole new level, even for you.

The 1.25 is pretty nippy on the open roads and you'll get pretty good consumption figures from it.

But hey, why settle for something small, new, reliable and frugal, this is what you really want : http://www.autotrader.co.za/makemode...d434288/advert

Fuel price nearing R12 a liter? Phuleeaase - you don't care, you're in an S-Class doing 50 000km a year, a good chunk I'm willing to bet on the open road.
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

2009 Hyundai Getz .
    Will work for peanuts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Unnamed View Post
    2009 Hyundai Getz .
    interior dull
    performance - sucks
    exterior its like datsun 1300

Grandmaster

it seems as though i need to increase my budget. my wife went snooping around the internets and found a new mazda2 and a second hand i20 sort of near our budget.

one of the guys i work with has a spark. i could get away with that, but not if i need to drive further than an hour.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Rouxenator View Post
    The 1.25 is pretty nippy on the open roads and you'll get pretty good consumption figures from it.

But hey, why settle for something small, new, reliable and frugal, this is what you really want : http://www.autotrader.co.za/makemode...d434288/advert

Fuel price nearing R12 a liter? Phuleeaase - you don't care, you're in an S-Class doing 50 000km a year, a good chunk I'm willing to bet on the open road.
    Probably paid for by the employer. Anyway, don't be stupid. A typical rep car would do - Mazda 3, VW Golf, Corolla.

The i10 is a city runabout, not something meant for travel. The i20 would work but anything less is ludicrous and saying otherwise simply shows ignorance.

Ignorance? More like experience, I have taken an i10 on long trips and its perfect. But if thats too small for you and the budget is R100k then this is perfect : http://www.autotrader.co.za/stock-it...38877fc/advert

Quote Originally Posted by Venda Boy aka VB View Post
    interior dull
    performance - sucks
    exterior its like datsun 1300
    Option 1 and 3 are both your opinion and not the opinion of others. The second point is not a problem for me as i do not buy a Getz to go racing in .
    Will work for peanuts

Grandmaster

we've reassessed our budget and the hyundai dealership is going to fully settle our outstanding balance on our ****ti golf. that's ace.

we're now gonna wait and see what we qualify for with financing and then decide on either the i20 (1.4) or i10 (1.25)
    Last edited by Easter Bunny; 12-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool E View Post

R80k or less.

Save on fuel
    I can not agree more.

Luxury Sedan? Bitch please!

A 2005 1.4l Ford Fiesta will have everything it needs. a/c p/s e/w alarm etc.

You can get a luxury sedan experience for R55k-65k
    #YoloInternet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12