Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Thread: Is it time for you to upgrade to the iPad 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim182 View Post
    Baaahhh Bah Bah

What's that?

Oh right, its all the iSheep blindly buying the new iPad...
    So what brands do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by biometrics View Post
    So what brands do you own?
    Not Apple

Not Apple
    Do you drive a BMW?

Do you drive a BMW?
    Do you?

Do you?
    Timmy, timmy, timmy. Tsk tsk tsk.

Timmy, timmy, timmy. Tsk tsk tsk.
    Its not too late

Considering MyBB had a new iPad to review, I can't believe that this article states it has Siri. Voice dictation sure, but not Siri.

Grandmaster

Well then I'm gonna sue for calling it 4G...since the SA courts already argued that it is not 4G right???

@Sapper123 @Fishzn @biometrics

Just so we're clear, I HATE Apple, not blindly following them, just accepting the way they want to publish their products. They are adopting the same routine as EVERY single one of their other devices! Mac Pro, Mac Mini, Mac Air... none of them have numbers! It has never been complicated before? When the latest MacBook Air comes out... it's easily compared to the previous models is it not? Apple are aligning their approach, it's not a new device with a new name, it's the same device, just with better specs!

The only reason people are struggling is because there are still so few of them on the market. And in 10 years, who the ef will care about the "iPad 3"? The iPad in 10 years time will be compared to the iPad in 9 years time. Not this generation's device. But look, I get it, some people have trouble understanding simple concepts.

Is it time for you to upgrade to the iPad 3?
    So it's a No then? Unless of course you just have to have the latest iPad because you must, must, must have it because you really, really need it and because it's so cool and everyone is getting one and it's awesome and you can't wait and ... meh.

Why is this even a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Zdenek View Post

Just so we're clear, I HATE Apple, not blindly following them, just accepting the way they want to publish their products. They are adopting the same routine as EVERY single one of their other devices! Mac Pro, Mac Mini, Mac Air... none of them have numbers! It has never been complicated before? When the latest MacBook Air comes out... it's easily compared to the previous models is it not? Apple are aligning their approach, it's not a new device with a new name, it's the same device, just with better specs!

The only reason people are struggling is because there are still so few of them on the market. And in 10 years, who the ef will care about the "iPad 3"? The iPad in 10 years time will be compared to the iPad in 9 years time. Not this generation's device. But look, I get it, some people have trouble understanding simple concepts.

The Mac market is quite small compared to the ipad. The naming was never an issue before because few people actually bothered to get a Mac and those that did went and looked up the specs. The ipad is way more popular than any Mac ever was and there are more moms and pops buying ipads. Hence an easy way to differentiate between the models is necessary. Differentiation is also needed because there other tablet competitors with similar spec'd tablets. When making comparisons, it's easier to just call it the ipad3 instead of ipad (3rd generation).

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanZ View Post
    The Mac market is quite small compared to the ipad. The naming was never an issue before because few people actually bothered to get a Mac and those that did went and looked up the specs. The ipad is way more popular than any Mac ever was and there are more moms and pops buying ipads. Hence an easy way to differentiate between the models is necessary. Differentiation is also needed because there other tablet competitors with similar spec'd tablets. When making comparisons, it's easier to just call it the ipad3 instead of ipad (3rd generation).
    Fair enough. I suppose it really is because so many people have bought into this thing. And I guess they have a naming system for the iPhone for the same reason.

As for the actual topic - it's not time to upgrade to the iPad 3. It was never time to up?grade to an iPad. As half of the iPad owners have come to realize since buying a device that serves no purpose.

Just sold my iPad 2 in anticipation of the new iPad and the entire family is having withdrawal symptoms.
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Good for you, now give me your money and make me coffee. Please don't forget to send me a pm with your credit card number!
    Bahhhh.

Baahh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdenek View Post

Blah blah blah. Put your brown suit on, and go back to your dull brown office and work on your PC then.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast