Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Telkom to install a phone line to my house

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by DigiBanks99 View Post
    Exactly as I understand it too... Thing is, everything needed for the box is already there. One of the guys who works with me at Telkom stays at the estate bordering mine and he says Telkom didn't want to lay cables there either.
    Possibly due to risk of theft or perhaps it's simply not economical for them to do so. Pulling several kilometers worth of cable for twenty homes doesn't make financial sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiBanks99 View Post
    Exactly as I understand it too... Thing is, everything needed for the box is already there. One of the guys who works with me at Telkom stays at the estate bordering mine and he says Telkom didn't want to lay cables there either.
    If you work at Telkom get in touch with planning and they will tell you what the score is with your complex and if or when they will install underground cable to the estate
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

I've played Ebotse quite a few times and the clubhouse and administration office most certainly have a fixed line internet service. You might want to have a chat with them about it and then liaise with the body corporate, because I'm sure your body corporate will have a solution. Ebotse is fairly "exclusive" so if there is no solution, there will be some sort of outcry...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Ok, it seems like the HOA at Ebotse are finally doing something. Ebotse is going to get a third party company to install a fibre optic network in the estate. YES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moltres View Post
    I have a problem. I live in Ebotse Estate, and do not have access to any decent internet. At the moment I am stuck with slow 3g (MTN), and I really need ADSL to do any gaming etc. I have phoned telkom once and they said they wouldn't install a line to my house, but I am frustrated and desperate, especially now that I have just watched them install fibre just outside the complex. There are already conduits in the ground. Does anyone know of a way to get them to install an adsl line, or an alternative that is good enough?
    Have recently tested 2 major networks successfully there: http://goo.gl/4pyBhI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12