Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Cell C Promo?

I received the following SMS this evening:
    We told you to expect a new Woza promotion. It's coming soon... check your SMS box next week! Cell C

Great, now is official!

Quote Originally Posted by lotus123 View Post
    I received a text yesterday that said you will receive 1 free minute for every 2 minutes someone calls you from Vodacom or MTN.
    Looks like 8ta had quiet an effect

Quote Originally Posted by Tygga View Post
    Hey guys, about a week ago I received an SMS from Cell C informing me of the new upcoming Woza promotion starting this month. The old promo ends on the 19th of April, more info later this month. My question is, has anybody got an info pertaining this upcoming promotion? How will it work?

I just can't wait, if anybody already has an info please let me know!
    I am anxious now.

Well i just heard, u get 50% back for every rand u recharge...to call any network...m not so psyched though, was hoping for more.

They have put this on their site the Supa-Woza promotion. supa-woza-gives-you-50-bonus-airtime-to-call-any-network-any-time

Just bring back the old price for the 60gig data packages.

Bonus airtime
    - can be used for 7 days (extended on new recharge),
    - only on local voice calls (all networks),
    - not for SMS nor data,
    - can't be converted to data bundle

Good things, 3GB/365 is still there, the only package I do consider a special.
    EDIT: I mean a data package. Maybe voice users will be happy, I don't know.
    Last edited by sajunky; 30-04-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Is that it?

Substituting the free minutes (Cell C to Cell C) with a copy of MTN's 'Mahala Thursday' is what we have been waiting for?

What an anti-climax!!! I ported from Vodacom with the intention of going contract on Cell C but the crappy network coverage/signal made me to stay prepaid. I started using the free minutes and I found that they were useful. If I needed to call another network I'd simply use the airtime I had.

After this nothing is keeping me with Cell C, on finishing my airtime I am porting.

Goodbye Cell C!

50% extra airtime to call any network - I don't understand what everyone here is whining about.

I don't see any similar prepaid voice deals coming from the other networks, or am I missing something? Extra free minutes from 8ta for incoming calls doesn't strike me as a particularly good deal, particularly if you don't get lots of incoming calls.
    MTN - free minutes to use over weekends? Vague discount offer based on time of day and location?
    Vodacom - nothing there either.

Now you realise what an insanely good deal CellC was giving it's customers last year. But this is still a good deal IMHO.
    OpenWRT TP-Link MR3420v2 router, Huawei E3276

@lotus123

Based on my personal use it is a pathetic promotion, particularly when compared to the old 'Woza whenever'. As I wrote above, I find Cell C's signal and coverage to be equally pathetic.

So, for me, there is nothing that makes me want to stay with Cell C any longer. I bet a lot of the low-income subscribers will see this as moving from a good promotion to a bad one. I am talking about those that used the free minutes to call each other, those that recharged with a minimum of R10 or R15 so they can call loved ones or family members who are on Cell C. What do they have now to save?

For your usage it is a good promotion but for those that Cell C catered for with the old promotion it is a worse off promotion, and those are the low-income subscribers.

Was checking Cell*C site and I see that the 'All-in-one vouchers' are still being advertised. If they are still being sold and are here to stay then this is a very good promotion. Unfortunately, it appears Cell C are cutting costs these days so I wouldn't be surprised if they announce the end of the above-mentioned vouchers.

Next . . .
    “Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dups! View Post
    @lotus123

Based on my personal use it is a pathetic promotion, particularly when compared to the old 'Woza whenever'. As I wrote above, I find Cell C's signal and coverage to be equally pathetic.

So, for me, there is nothing that makes me want to stay with Cell C any longer. I bet a lot of the low-income subscribers will see this as moving from a good promotion to a bad one. I am talking about those that used the free minutes to call each other, those that recharged with a minimum of R10 or R15 so they can call loved ones or family members who are on Cell C. What do they have now to save?

For your usage it is a good promotion but for those that Cell C catered for with the old promotion it is a worse off promotion, and those are the low-income subscribers.
    Fair point.

I ported myself and my family phones to CellC last year exactly for that reason - to call each other with the CellC minutes. What I discovered though was that by Sunday there was usually a load of Woza minutes unused, while my "other networks" airtime was generally finished (but I'd be holding off recharging until Monday morning).

Recently getting Whatsapp on our phones pretty much eliminates the need for all those CellC to CellC calls now, so this new promotion means I'll be able to get the most use of the bonus airtime.

Admittedly for many folks this scenario won't work, but I'm okay with it. And another thing - do you know of any better pre-paid deals right now? I'd be interested to know, because I do find the CellC reception a bit dodgy at times.
    OpenWRT TP-Link MR3420v2 router, Huawei E3276

Quote Originally Posted by Dups! View Post
    @lotus123

Agree wholeheartedly.

Comparison of new and old woza (assuming a R50 recharge):
    New Woza (Superwoza or whatever its called):
    R50 airtime.
    R25 free.
    R1,50 per minute Cellc to CellC (haven't tried off network yet) equates to 25/1.5 = 16.67 minutes. Also, call times are rounded up to the next minute.

Woza whenever (old woza):
    R50 airtime.
    50 free minutes on net calls.
    50 minutes equates to...well, 50 minutes!:P

So let's compare:
    50 free minutes (old) vs 16.67 minutes (new) CellC to CellC
    0 free minutes (old) vs best case 16.67 minutes (new) CellC to other network

Keep in mind the new woza promo incorporates off net calls as well. Free airtime cannot be used for bundles, i.e. can only be used for calls.

Afaiac, this promo is much worse than the previous expired promo (even sans free data). But that's only because I am an existing customer. New customers may like this promo.
    Last edited by battletoad; 30-04-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotus123 View Post
    Fair point.

I ported myself and my family phones to CellC last year exactly for that reason - to call each other with the CellC minutes. What I discovered though was that by Sunday there was usually a load of Woza minutes unused, while my "other networks" airtime was generally finished (but I'd be holding off recharging until Monday morning).

Recently getting Whatsapp on our phones pretty much eliminates the need for all those CellC to CellC calls now, so this new promotion means I'll be able to get the most use of the bonus airtime.

Admittedly for many folks this scenario won't work, but I'm okay with it. And another thing - do you know of any better pre-paid deals right now? I'd be interested to know, because I do find the CellC reception a bit dodgy at times.
    I have had the same scenario as yours, ie, having a lot of free minutes by Saturday/Sunday. The point is those are genuinely free minutes and I didn't really mind forfeiting them. The one frustrating part though, is having no off-network airtime by the Weekend and having to wait 'til Monday.

I will agree with you on the lack of any comparable promotion from other networks but for someone who is already on Cell C (as battletoad also alluded to) and someone who was exposed to the better 'Woza whenever' it is really not a good offer.
    Last edited by Dups!; 30-04-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Supa Woza

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast