Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: CPA Question

Default CPA Question

guys i have a queston -- many customers are taking advantage of the CPA and would like to know what the law is in terms of the scenario below.

Am i entitled to a full refund after purchasing something online and deciding its not what i wanted after using it for two days?

Quote Originally Posted by *SynergyX* View Post
    guys i have a queston -- many customers are taking advantage of the CPA and would like to know what the law is in terms of the scenario below.

Am i entitled to a full refund after purchasing something online and deciding its not what i wanted after using it for two days?
    explain your situation properly.

does it not perform like it said it would or you just dont like it as much as you thought you would?

i dont like it as much as i though i would....its not fullfilling my needs although it does exactly what it should do as advertised

well imo i dont agree with it but you do have your rights

did you receive direct marketing on the product before hand?

if not then is the product working as advertised? - you already said yes

did you have a chance to examine the goods before hand? - well i guess not but you chose to buy off an online site

for any of the above you would have the right to be refunded in full.

However you also have the right to refund the product anyway under the cooling off period, however they have the right to charge you a reasonable fee as you did open the packaging and use the product. what they deem reasonable is up to them.

**NB: i am no lawyer yada yada, this is just how i understand it

No, you're not entitled to a refund unless the product you bought is defective, is not fit for purpose or was sold to you through direct marketing. It's legislation to protect the consumer, not some catch-it-all money back guarantee...

You willingly bought the thing; they're under no obligation to take it back. They might, as a gesture of good faith, but they'll invariably (and reasonably) expect you to pay for usage/shipping/repackaging/restocking if they do accept your return.

Purely for interest's sake, what was this mysterious online purchase?
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    well imo i dont agree with it but you do have your rights
    Agreed... I love the CPA, but the fact that you bought the wrong product for your needs should not mean the company should now suffer for it.
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting f#ck, what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frikkenator View Post
    Agreed... I love the CPA, but the fact that you bought the wrong product for your needs should not mean the company should now suffer for it.
    ^This
    I now have a signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Frikkenator View Post
    yep

Super Grandmaster

I don't think the CPA covers buyer's remorse, many people make this mistake.
    "The night is dark and full of turnips"

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    I don't think the CPA covers buyer's remorse, many people make this mistake.
    It does cover you if you bought something by way of direct marketing.
    "Incompetent individuals fail to recognize genuine skill in others."