Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Where to complain about post office?

Super Grandmaster

Default Where to complain about post office?

Does anyone know where to complaint about the post office?

80% of my international parcels arn't getting to me - they're getting to SA, as they are returned to sender - I'm just not getting the slips... the call center is useless as they can't find the international tracking number on their system.

The post office where the mail goes says its the depo - I occasionally get a "FINAL NOTICE" a week AFTER I've collected the item.

In January I had two LOCAL items sent back because I didn't collect them, I got the slip after they were sent back...

Its extremely frustrating, the number the post office gave me just rings, customs office rings engaged, customs at the airport in Jhb says they can't help me I need to call Cape Town customs.

I'm expecting 5 parcels all sent in Feb - only one has arrived... (and I didn't get the slip, the only reason I got the parcel is because I was arguing with the guy in the post office about one they sent back, and I only got the slip that day, and he recognized my name).

Super Grandmaster

Their complaints department are pretty good, surprisingly. I complained once and after a couple of days, the manager in charge of that area (Freestate and Northern Cape) phoned me, as it had been escalated all the way to him. Although, the sapo website seems to currently be down
    I'd suggest phoning customer service, which was the route I took.

Super Grandmaster

Logged on hellopeter, copy and paste response, nothing done.

Logged on GetClosure - lets see what happens.

Called customer services, lodged complaint, lets see.

I think you misunderstand how the post office works.

What your expecting: The mail arrives in country and is either delivered to your house or a slip is sent if its too big.

The SAPO way: The mail arrives in country. Now SAPO run a 3 their system from here. At this point the options are:

1) Lost/Stolen
    2) Returned for no reason
    3) Forwarded to correct post office

Once forwarded (if it was not deemed valuable by any employee in between the two)

The options are:
    1) Lost/Stolen
    2) Returned for no reason
    3) A slip is generated and sent to your home

Now the slip follows the 3 tier:

1) Lost/Stolen
    2) Not delivered for no reason
    3) Delivered

So at 80% you are doing fantastically since the system CLEARLY dictates that you should be expecting a 92.5% failure rate.

Super Grandmaster

I lodged a complaint a few years ago and I am still waiting to hear back from them.
    Normal people did not hear voices. Zane did.

Super Grandmaster

The post office near me's solution was to rent a post box... I've done that - so will see how it works in future, but it doesn't help the current outstanding items.

I mean, who the hell would steal 10x usb cables?

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    idk, off the top of my head... CABLE THIEVES!?!

You know South Africa is rife with them. One even tried stealing a fake rhino's horn... so nothing is safe and nothing is sacred. We're surrounded by idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    I lodged a complaint a few years ago and I am still waiting to hear back from them.
    Maybe your response got lost in the mail

The post office near me's solution was to rent a post box... I've done that - so will see how it works in future, but it doesn't help the current outstanding items.

Seriously I would look at alternative means to get your items than using the post office. It may be a bit more but at least you will get the items. I don't trust the Post office with anything!!
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?"...........Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ISP cash cow View Post
    Seriously I would look at alternative means to get your items than using the post office. It may be a bit more but at least you will get the items. I don't trust the Post office with anything!!
    For items below a R1000 there isn't really another option, else you'll pay more than half in shipping.

Seems like Cape Town customs is the problem. So far I've only had very good delivery times from Durban customs, and they're very helpful over the phone when I'm looking for a local tracking number. I buy from overseas every month or two, and I've never lost a package or waited excessively long for it.
    From the time it lands in Joburg/Durban, to when I collect it at my local post office, is usually 3-5 days (2-4 days for EMS packages). Average time from USA or China to my post office is 10-14 calendar days for standard packages and 7-10 calendar days for EMS packages.
    I'm sure this doesn't help you, xrapidx, but it does show that not all of SAPO is bad.

And no, I don't work for them
    Last edited by Slingshot; 03-04-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Does anyone know where to complaint about the post office?
    ICASA

Don't you read the long notice with the various ways to complain about SAPO while in the queue?
    WYGIWYGAINGW

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarS View Post
    ICASA

Don't you read the long notice with the various ways to complain about SAPO while in the queue?
    90% of the time I don't get to the queue.