Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thats brilliant Telkom

Super Grandmaster

Default Thats brilliant Telkom

so went to go pay telkom this evening. silly me walked into the telkom direct to pay. "nee meneer we dont do payments here at all anymore. you can pay at spar, pnp,.......' i just walked out. what are these people at the stores going to do? direct you to a phone or another store to pay?

brainfart or masterstroke? im leaning heavily to brainfart of note

Say what?

I paid my bill at a Telkom Direct store this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    so went to go pay telkom this evening. silly me walked into the telkom direct to pay. "nee meneer we dont do payments here at all anymore. you can pay at spar, pnp,.......' i just walked out. what are these people at the stores going to do? direct you to a phone or another store to pay?

They can advise you to pay elsewhere, not force you to do so. If you insist then they MUST accept your payment.

PS. ask then to show you their directive that "forces" you to pay elsewhere... I studied it carefully and it is cleverly drafted so as to keep them out of ***.
    ELO: Here is the news...

Well thats a bit daft though McD?

Why have a directive that asks you to pay elsewhere?.. what else are Telkom shops good for then?

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicBunny View Post
    Well thats a bit daft though McD?

Why have a directive that asks you to pay elsewhere?.. what else are Telkom shops good for then?
    According to them? A sales channel.

From what I can make of it... they want to reduce cash handling charges, insurance, etc. It's cheaper for a third party to do it.

Me? I totally disagree. Other than to pay my account I have absolutely no incentive to walk into a Telkom Direct shop. So how are they going to sell me anything?

Super Grandmaster

Exactly. Its like the supermarkets and waiting in line. Impulse purchases are guaranteed. I'm so dik of these idiots. Most of the people in the bloody shop are there to pay! And the managers will get fat bonuses for these stupid decisions!

Exactly. Its like the supermarkets and waiting in line. Impulse purchases are guaranteed. I'm so dik of these idiots. Most of the people in the bloody shop are there to pay! And the managers will get fat bonuses for these stupid decisions!
    Did you see the part where I said that they may not refuse your payment?

And joy upon joy, they can't cancel your Telkom account there either, they merely direct you to their phones at the back! Seriously?
    "Don't be a hater, yo. I'm in a jacuzzi."

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    Did you see the part where I said that they may not refuse your payment?
    Didn't stay long enough. Was so disgusted I just turned around and left$ if I feel like an argument ill ask next time. But after a day at work the last thing I felt like doing is arguing!

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by phaktza View Post
    And joy upon joy, they can't cancel your Telkom account there either, they merely direct you to their phones at the back! Seriously?
    What are they gonna get paid for doing? Boggles the mind!

Grandmaster

And then spar can`t pay because the bill you asked telkom to e-mail you(after they failed to deliver it by post, after you waited 30 mins to talk to someone on the phone) doesn`t have a barcode, so you go to the post office to pay, which has worse queues than absa on pay day, so you decide to just dig up an old bill and pay that one at spar, and then wait another 30 mins listening to that stupid song they play on the telephone to tell telkom that you paid.

I basically spent my day today paying a telkom bill
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 03-04-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    And then spar can`t pay because the bill you asked telkom to e-mail you(after they failed to deliver it by post, after you waited 30 mins to talk to someone on the phone) doesn`t have a barcode, so you go to the post office to pay, which has worse queues than absa on pay day, so you decide to just dig up an old bill and pay that one at spar, and then wait another 30 mins listening to that stupid song they play on the telephone to tell telkom that you paid.

Damn you win. Just horrible. It should never be that much trouble to pay a bill! When will they come to their senses!

Thats just stupid McD... how exactly do you create a sales channel when you are probably one of the most hated companies in SA?... foot traffic, even if its begrudging foot traffic to pay bills is about the only way...

Sheesh sometimes the management impress me at Telkom, and then they go do something thick as pigschit like this and reset that expectation completely.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post

Possibly a stupid question, but why not use internet banking and pay via EFT?
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting f#ck, what a ride!"

In my case, today I happened to be in a shopping centre and walked passed a Telkom shop and remembered i had to pay the bill so I just walked in and did just that...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast