Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Data Balance not available on Vodacom Website

Default Data Balance not available on Vodacom Website

I am unable to get my data balance on the Vodacom website for the last 3 weeks. Everytime I log on I only get the value of my bill but get no info under data balance. This is happening while I have a 2Gig bundle active.

My account is a Topup contract and I am using the sim card in my iPad. The problem is that to check the data balance I must remove the sim card from the iPad and place it in my iPhone and get the information through the *111# feature.

Vodacom please fix this bug as soon as possible!

Grandmaster

I had a similar problem recently using prepaid data, but it's certainly up and running again for me with prepaid data -- I just checked. Not sure whether using the USSD command (*111*502#) in ginggs' excellent freebie MDMA also works for contract data, but it too is certainly working right now as a quick and easy way to determine your prepaid data bundle balance without having to go to the website or put your SIM in a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Terencek View Post
    I had a similar problem recently using prepaid data, but it's certainly up and running again for me with prepaid data -- I just checked. Not sure whether using the USSD command (*111*502#) in ginggs' excellent freebie MDMA also works for contract data, but it too is certainly working right now as a quick and easy way to determine your prepaid data bundle balance without having to go to the website or put your SIM in a phone.
    Last time I tried *111*502# it was returning KB instead of MB, but you can try *111*500# as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FireTelkom View Post
    I am unable to get my data balance on the Vodacom website for the last 3 weeks. Everytime I log on I only get the value of my bill but get no info under data balance. This is happening while I have a 2Gig bundle active.

My account is a Topup contract and I am using the sim card in my iPad. The problem is that to check the data balance I must remove the sim card from the iPad and place it in my iPhone and get the information through the *111# feature.

Vodacom please fix this bug as soon as possible!
    Similar problem reported here: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...odacom-Website

Seems like Vodacom is not realy concerned about it.

Super Grandmaster

Last I heard Vodacom was busy upgrading their stuff, hence it (amongst other things) not being available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Grandmaster

i get that problem quite a few times, unfortunately its usually when i NEED! to see what the f#$@&*n balance is.
    Being able to see what the data balance is, and be able to load more, without having the simcard with me (i manage for several mobile sales users), is the sole reason why i got all VC sims, so I hope they get this issue fixed.
    Sure its a free service, so we cant really expect VC to care a whole lot about its reliability, but heck, either offer a proper working solution, whatever the cost, or dont offer it at all, if u can't make it work reliably
    At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box

My balance hasn't updated in over 14 hours.

Had similar issues the past few weeks, my databundle doesnt even show on the vodacom website.

The one interface that works from my iphone is: http://myweb.vodafone.com/

Then: "my account" -> "balances"