Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jan van Riebeeck

Super Grandmaster DigitalSoldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khanya View Post
    Who cares?
    Ah Yes. You were probably taught ANC history. So, I'm guessing according to your history books JvR landing in SA is not a major event in South African history.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanya View Post
    Is it the same as speaking?
    JvR landed at the Cape at about the same time that your forefathers settled in the Border area.... and they both displaced the Khoisan.
    ELO: Here is the news...

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    Sorry was pedantic, wasn't today also supposed to be a public holiday anyway?
    I was speaking to my fiancée's mom this morning and according to her the 6th was a public holiday when they got married. She couldn't remember the name of the public holiday though.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    AFAIK others tried to sail straight to India via Cape Point and most died. He was given a "mission" to establish a settlement as a half-way point for trade. That's most of what I remember, but I'm sure they knew / scouted the coastlines as they were headed there. Unlike that other douche who found America

I'd like to agree with Elimentals too. If they never came here my ancestors would never have came here and I'd be sipping wine in the South of France banging bitches and speaking french... oh and not to mention all the 1st world perks that comes with that and the ability to travel to "foreign" nations on the same continent for holidays or long weekends cheaply.
    You can still emigrate...

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSoldier View Post
    I was speaking to my fiancée's mom this morning and according to her the 6th was a public holiday when they got married. She couldn't remember the name of the public holiday though.
    wiki: Van Riebeeck's Day (1952-1974);Founder's Day (1980-1994)

Super Grandmaster

Ah Yes. You were probably taught ANC history. So, I'm guessing according to your history books JvR landing in SA is not a major event in South African history.
    And you were taught NP history. So what? You think your version is better or more truthful? Rubbish! History reflects the attitudes and opinions of whoever happens to be in charge and it's all bull****

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    AFAIK others tried to sail straight to India via Cape Point and most died. He was given a "mission" to establish a settlement as a half-way point for trade. That's most of what I remember, but I'm sure they knew / scouted the coastlines as they were headed there. Unlike that other douche who found America

I'd like to agree with Elimentals too. If they never came here my ancestors would never have came here and I'd be sipping wine in the South of France banging bitches and speaking french... oh and not to mention all the 1st world perks that comes with that and the ability to travel to "foreign" nations on the same continent for holidays or long weekends cheaply.
    You wouldn't have any first world perks or any first world at all - not as we know it anyway. The first world was built on the backs of slaves - no landing in africa, no slaves, no first world. Either that or the slaves would have been European and you'd probably be a french peasant slaving away for the guy who is sipping wine...

Quote Originally Posted by joelus View Post
    And you were taught NP history. So what? You think your version is better or more truthful? Rubbish! History reflects the attitudes and opinions of whoever happens to be in charge and it's all bull****
    LOL seriously ?!?1

So, JvR landing in SA was not a major event for SA ? I think regarding this topic it is, yes!

You wouldn't have any first world perks or any first world at all - not as we know it anyway. The first world was built on the backs of slaves - no landing in africa, no slaves, no first world. Either that or the slaves would have been European and you'd probably be a french peasant slaving away for the guy who is sipping wine...
    Oh please go try the slavery card somewhere else.

Even before JvR came to SA Europe was already miles ahead of Africa. Just admit it. Africa was a ****-hole and probably would have stayed one if it weren't for the Europeans.

EXCEPT!

You will never admit that since you clearly are a racist judging by your other posts.

And what about the slaves from the Orient (among others)? Or do you believe that only Africans were slaves?

: Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

Just admit it. Africa was a ****-hole and probably would have stayed one if it weren't for the Europeans.
    Still is
    #FREEISRAEL

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    Still is
    +1

The Father of our Nation!!

the first world was destroyed post WW2, so how could it have been built on the back of slaves? Btw you have to realize that the African chiefs enslaved their own people and sold them to the Europeans, or do you believe that the Europeans came here with nets? Britain was the first country to industrialize and they did it without slaves, in fact those 'evil' colonizers were the first to abolish slavery.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast