Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Telkom CEO: broadband plans and management challenges

Default Telkom CEO: broadband plans and management challenges

Telkom CEO: broadband plans and management challenges

Telkom CEO Nombulelo (Pinky) Moholi has big plans to turn the company around, but is battling a sliding share price and performance problems

I do not know why we even listen to the rubbish these idiots spew anymore.
    You are battling a sliding share price because you are living in the dark ages !!
    Oh and performance??/ Are you bloody kidding me?
    #FREEISRAEL

They plan to do this and that, but in the end all of the planning in the world is useless if you don't take action. Since last year there hasn't been any note worthy improvement. If someone didn't tell me that Telkom got a new CEO back then, I would never have guessed it. In the end Telkom hasn't improved at all in a long LONG time.
    i5 3570k | Asus P8Z77-V LX | 16GB DDR3-1600 | MSI GTX670 Power Edition | Samsung P2770 | 8.0 Tb HDD Total | Corsair 600T | Coolermaster 700W PSU

So how does one gauge the performance of monopoly company when there is no comparison group to measure it against? Nice.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Everyday i pray i get an upgrade at the exchange for 10MB but after speaking to a very talkative birdy (lol), their plans are to rollout a wireless phone system replacing the analogue lines and this will happen at no cost (apparently) to existing customers and will happen in the farm areas .

So whatever plans they got for their broadband will have to wait it seems (yes am aware they have different divisions) but i rather they would focus on getting one tech solution right than spanning multiple with a failure rate larger than a dodo (bad analogy heh).

So Moholi, listen to your customers if you want to reign supreme on the Telkom fatcat chair and not end up like (the one we do not speak off anymore) .

Blog Entries

My Telkom experience has not changed in 5 years. That means it is just as crap as it always has been.

Grandmaster

Put Mweb in charge of Telkom and you will see a 180 in a few weeks!
    Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Hummercellc View Post
    Rubbish. Mweb are a great ISP. And there it ends...
    ELO: Here is the news...

Mweb hide their financial results for a reason... things @ mweb are not as rosy as they make it out to be.

Blog Entries

Oh God... no please!

I think the big problem Telkom is facing is that they screwed up fixed line data as a product in SA and still haven't made a compelling mobile offering linked to their fixed line. 2ndly their existing systems needs to be spruced up a lot. I logged into online bill the other day.. guess what, it's still more or less(front end slightly different) the same as it was more than 5 yrs ago.

At the current rate their monopoly doesn't matter as much any more and its falling away too. I think they need to reconsider ADSL as a bolt on service and make it a basic service with the flat rate closer packages.. oh wait, they getting killed off with IPC profits getting cut <-- see what i mean? It's like strategies to make fixed line the service you want just wont work any more because that time has come and gone.

One thing she has done right though is upgrading the current network and the mobile arm. Whether they will actually be able to deliver services and integrated services across the access method at a profitable yet competitive price remains to be seen.
    When have you demonstrated leadership skills?
    "Well my best example would be in online video gaming. I pretty much run the show; it takes a lot to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by inferno View Post
    Mweb hide their financial results for a reason... things @ mweb are not as rosy as they make it out to be.
    Really well let us know whats going on there please
    #FREEISRAEL

Unless people are employed that are skilled in company turnarounds, nothing serious will happen. These people are generally financial people who got it right with smaller entities first.

If you don't have this skill in the first place how do you know what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by inferno View Post
    Mweb hide their financials?

Really?

So it has absolutely nothing to do with Mweb being a part of Naspers, and that their financials are part of Naspers financials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Quote Originally Posted by krycor View Post
    I think they need to reconsider ADSL as a bolt on service and make it a basic service with the flat rate closer packages..
    I fully agree.Telkom is holding on to such a precious commodity/technology, and they are fumbling whilst being the monopoly on the technology.How envious are those with the know how and competence to utilise the technology for their benefit and the country's benefit.