Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Windows Server 2008 Evaluation (180 Days) Question

Hybrid View

Question Windows Server 2008 Evaluation (180 Days) Question

Not sure if this is the right place too ask but need some help.

I ordered a Dedicated server oversea and got the original Windows 2008 Enterprise R2 SP1 License key and gave them proof and they approved it, but now they want the ISO link.. for them to add on LARA.

The only ISO link i could provide them was the Evaluation (180 Days) one, now can i use that and activate it with my product key so it's activated? Or do i need to find another ISO image.

Thanks.

30 Views and no reply.. does anyone know perhaps?

Never tried the 180days versions,using MSDN and Actionpack ISOs myself
    www.domaincheap.co.za
    50% off 1st month Afrihost Uncapped here - No contracts

Quote Originally Posted by PsyWulf View Post
    Never tried the 180days versions,using MSDN and Actionpack ISOs myself

You don't perhaps know where i can get a http or ftp link for the ISO's?

Try torrent the iso. There are more than enough seeds for Server 2008 and its many flavours. You've got the license so no need to worry about the legality of the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirou View Post
    You don't perhaps know where i can get a http or ftp link for the ISO's?
    Technet. But its not free.
    Rise, in honour of Reason.

If you have a volume agreement or msdn membership you can log in to the licensing sites to get ISO links,I haven't seen direct ISO links available without providing credentials in some form or another and using the download manager

Best bet is grab the eval,install it in Virtualbox on your machine and see if you can activate it with the key
    www.domaincheap.co.za
    50% off 1st month Afrihost Uncapped here - No contracts

Yea that is the problem i need to give a http or ftp link to the hosting company, can't give them a torrent, so what i will do is install the Eva one and login with my details on the Microsoft License Center and download the correct one and give them the ftp link by setting up a quick ftp server.

And they refuse login in with my Microsoft details getting the ISO link, so meh double the work.

Yes, the Eval version can be unlocked with your key. Even the MSDN/Technet ISO is eval until you add the key, well in reality it is KMS, but you can change the key to a DSP or any other key as per normal, you will just see an error in your event log to say that it cannot find the DNS server.

Give them the eval URL to download.

Quote Originally Posted by iblade View Post
    Yes, the Eval version can be unlocked with your key. Even the MSDN/Technet ISO is eval until you add the key, well in reality it is KMS, but you can change the key to a DSP or any other key as per normal, you will just see an error in your event log to say that it cannot find the DNS server.

Give them the eval URL to download.

Thanks man, yea i gave them the eval link, so i should how no problems using my key and activate it?

I have the MAK and KMS key for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise.
    Last edited by Shirou; 10-04-2012 at 04:13 PM.

You are going to have to use the MAK, except if you decide to install KMS on your server.