Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile instant messaging systems compared

Default Mobile instant messaging systems compared

Mobile instant messaging systems compared

WhatsApp, MXit, BlackBerry Messenger, Google+ Messenger, iMessage, Kik, Facebook Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, Viber, fring, KakaoTalk, Skype, Yahoo! Messenger, and now ZiNG…

The only good messenger is the one that your friends are on. So that will most likely be Whatsapp. Some of my friends have iphones and blackberries. All of them use Whatsapp as the primary messenger since everyone has it.

Quote Originally Posted by jes View Post
    Mobile instant messaging systems compared

WhatsApp, MXit, BlackBerry Messenger, Google+ Messenger, iMessage, Kik, Facebook Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, Viber, fring, KakaoTalk, Skype, Yahoo! Messenger, and now ZiNG…
    You left out eBuddy XMS. Also, for me, one of the most important features is whether the service stores messages for later delivery, for example if the recipient is currently offline. I know Google Talk, ICQ and Skype don't do this, so SMS is still better.

Whatsapp all the way..

Sent from HTC Sensation

WhatsApp FTW. Wish everyone would use it.

Agree. Whatsapp.
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Whatsapp because everyone has it. BBM because of reputable encryption for confidential info.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    You left out eBuddy XMS. Also, for me, one of the most important features is whether the service stores messages for later delivery, for example if the recipient is currently offline. I know Google Talk, ICQ and Skype don't do this, so SMS is still better.
    That doesn't sound 100%. Google Talk notifies you that the message will be delivered once the other person is online while Skype tells you it'll be delivered once *both* of you are online.
    A trial by combat would resolve this dispute efficiently

WhatsApp is da best. Two things they could enable though is read reports and universal profile pic...so if I put up a new profile pic...it must filter through to all my contacts...and even perhaps update it in their phonebook...that would be great.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Bbm coz I use it.

Sent from South Africas most popular smartphone BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by zizebra View Post
    Bbm coz I use it.

Sent from South Africas most popular smartphone BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    WhatsApp is da best. Two things they could enable though is read reports and universal profile pic...so if I put up a new profile pic...it must filter through to all my contacts...and even perhaps update it in their phonebook...that would be great.
    About read reports, I think it Will be very difficult or nearly impossible to implement...because of the different OS...I'm using Android...I can read whatsapp messages without opening th actual application....Popup notifications....

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanZ View Post
    The only good messenger is the one that your friends are on. So that will most likely be Whatsapp. Some of my friends have iphones and blackberries. All of them use Whatsapp as the primary messenger since everyone has it.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    You do get the delivery report (when you see 2 ticks), is that what your referring to? I think read reports may kill some conversation cause they are times when you just look at a message and dont fell like contacting that person back at that moment.

WhatsApp has one major flaw IMHO - only one device at a time. Although the idea to use your number to find friends is great, I would love to be able to sign in on my tablet and my PC and have it sync across the three.

Also, optional read receipts (like iMessage allows you to choose) would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by ebendl View Post
    WhatsApp has one major flaw IMHO - only one device at a time.
    A flaw for some , a feature for others...
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    A flaw for some , a feature for others...
    An option can't be a flaw - you don't HAVE to install it...?

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast