Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Hotspot Billing

Default Hotspot Billing

Hi All,

I am needing some alive on the following.

I am wanting to setup a hotspot for a local coffee shop.

Here is what I would like to achieve.

1. Free access for users, this would be limited to 50mb
    2. Paid access for those users who require longer access or more downloading.

This is what I am going to be using.

1. Mikrotik Routerboard, with hotspot enabled, and setup and using radius server/authentication and possibly pointing this to an external provider.
    2. Uncapped 4mb ADSL line.

Here are the "issues"

1. Can anyone recommend a payment gateway authentication service, I have been looking at hotspotsystem.com and they look very promising, I am just wondering about the way that they pay me back.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Ryan

Grandmaster

Hi,

What you looking for is the ZyAIR G-4100 (I think there is a newer version) - This works like a dream, no fancy stuff needed,
    Just a LAN connection from your router and it does everything! Not baddly priced at about R3500.00

You can contact Duxbury networking (distributor) and they can advise a reseller for you.
    Tell: 087 943 9076

Regards
    Keegan

Cape Connect Internet Rep

You also need a Class ECS and a Class ECNS licence. Obtainable from ICASA. R10K each.

Quote Originally Posted by portcullis View Post
    You also need a Class ECS and a Class ECNS licence. Obtainable from ICASA. R10K each.
    Do you need that if you just have free WiFi?

Just shape the **** out of it. Block the unsavoury sites. Simpler.

Or change the password daily, so people must actually be customers to qualify to use it...

Quote Originally Posted by Budza:8057302
    Quote Originally Posted by portcullis View Post
    Do you need that if you just have free WiFi?

Just shape the **** out of it. Block the unsavoury sites. Simpler.

Or change the password daily, so people must actually be customers to qualify to use it...
    I agree. Just have it shape each user to 256k or whatever and make them pay you to add their mac address to the QoS list for a day. Reset the list daily. Job done.
    I-Rah los Pruzah ahrk Mul
    IMA CHEMICAL ENGINEER WEO
    Agents are people too.
    Just because I'm technically bloody and imperialist doesn't prove anything!

Also you can't resell internet access from your ISP, you need a resellers account from your ISP.

Free is fine though.

Grandmaster

What about the alwayson guys? http://www.alwayson.co.za/venue_ben.asp

I always use them at mugg n bean and airport, mostly because Mweb give me free minutes.

If your coffee shop can offer alwayson, I will more willing to visit you and use the internet, rather than buying a special voucher I can only buy from you.

Really helps if you a business guy and just want to jump on the internet between meetings or to just get out of the office or have meetings in coffee shop

Quote Originally Posted by wrwatk View Post
    I am wanting to setup a hotspot for a local coffee shop.

Here is what I would like to achieve.

1. Free access for users, this would be limited to 50mb
    2. Paid access for those users who require longer access or more downloading.
    Dear Ryan,

If you like to keep all profit from the customers, with combined free and paid access, and tons of other features, please take a look at www.antamedia.com/hotspot

Antamedia HotSpot is a leading Windows-based platform and provides much better control - not available in similar third-party hosted systems. You will need a PC, but ROI is faster as you'll have all profit for yourself.

Regards,
    Vladan