Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast

Thread: Rev. Billy Grahams Daughter: I Would Not Vote foran Atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Depresion is more of a modern problem, the more we move away from God the more problems we have. Its cause and effect.
    I don't think it is humanly possible for me to be further away from God and my problems are pretty damn insignifcant... your words, they do nor correlate with reality man!

Super Grandmaster

We really need a more informed class of sunday school teachers.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrica View Post
    they (criminals ) are just trying to make a living .

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Depresion is more of a modern problem, the more we move away from God the more problems we have. Its cause and effect.
    BS of course. Speaking of modern, do you agree that our longevity has increased over the last 2 millenia? So the more "we move away from God" the older we get?

Super Grandmaster

So the more "we move away from God" the older we get?
    Except for Moses and Noah...
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrica View Post
    they (criminals ) are just trying to make a living .

Just out of interest, meditation is scientifically proven to reduce activity in the brain associated with anxiety and depression. That's a remedy mankind developed thousands of years ago.
    I'm not sure accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour has been proven to do anything.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by daveza View Post
    Except for Moses and Noah...
    They played in God Mode. It doesn't count. :-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick333 View Post
    Just out of interest, meditation is scientifically proven to reduce activity in the brain associated with anxiety and depression. That's a remedy mankind developed thousands of years ago.
    I'm not sure accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour has been proven to do anything.
    I've known a lot of extremely depressed Christians. Genuine Christians as well, not those pretenders...
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.
    *girds loins*

Ja, I would imagine if you're a Christian and you're depressed you're at fault for not having enough faith or something. How depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    I've known a lot of extremely depressed Christians. Genuine Christians as well, not those pretenders...
    I know some too! Dunno what the guy is on about, we're all human with human problems.

Ja, I would imagine if you're a Christian and you're depressed you're at fault for not having enough faith or something. How depressing.
    Yeah, laying on the guilt is a sure fire way to cure depression, not make it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I am a tool

well that's just silly

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    Not surprising considering depression is often a case of neurochemical imbalance brought on by phsiological causes... you know... as opposed to just being not so close to Jeebus as suggested by our resident psychiatrist entirely unqualified individual.
    Delta Motor Corporation of South Africa Opel Monza 160i GSi Car of the Year 1991
    Historical Significance

Banned

So is there a link between anxiety and depression according to the medical professions?

I've always thought so having suffered from both. I'm not sure to be honest. Ill just add that a contributer to the bible knowing this isn't proof of the bible being the infallible word of God.

@ekstasis. Yes, I was trying to be ironic. My point is that I just don't see the point of being a Christian. Aside from the heaven thing.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast