Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Computing World Forum Africa: Win an iPad 2

I'm interested in compatibility issues between different clouds from different vendors. Amazon cloud, Droid cloud, I-cloud - in cases where they will eventually overlap (think of e-books, documents, pictures, email) - how will we do syncing between clouds?

I would like to know how cloud can help make small and medium-sized businesses more mobile, seeing as we just started our own company, and mobility is quite an important part of the service we will be offering.

Given the current state of South African Telecoms and the ADSL scenario, how will the local Cloud computing compare to overseas based Cloud environments where ADSL and internet are more stable?
    *iG|Levi*
    "A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on." - Samuel Goldwyn

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

11:40 Privacy in the Cloud – Securing your Investment
    • International privacy laws – how do they affect you?
    • Is identity management immature?
    • A practical guide for global executives, lawyers and technologists

and

13:40 Cloud Computing in the Public Sector
    • Is cloud computing too much of a risk for the public sector?
    • The government challenge – benefits of public sector clouds for both vendors and end-users
    • Cloud pressure – matching IT security with cost-effectiveness
    Paul Kukubo, CEO, Kenya ICT Board

Privacy in the Cloud should be an interesting topic.

Master

I'd like to know about Cloud based backup, as well as privacy in the cloud. Also, what about data, seeing that a backup can be rather large depending on what you are backing up.

I'd be interested to understand how the Cloud Computing in South Africa competes cost-wise with the rest of the world particularly considering the cost of bandwidth in South Africa

14h10-14:40 Protecting your Assets

• Securing your investment - Understanding the biggest risk factors and threats when entering the Cloud
    • Illegal access to data and data loss
    • Overcoming the threats – not just securing the cloud but the entire environment

It would be interesting to hear how these large organisations perceive this technology, how they enforce it and what they will be doing to compete with other leaders in this industry .. I'm especially interested in how this can be beneficial to us.

I'm interested in finding out how cloud computing will be implemented in the costly SA networking environment.

I would like to know what the implementation of Cloud Compting would mean for smaller companies and how they will achieve that with the current infrastructure in South Africa and Africa. The IT industry is evolving rapidly and lightning fast, and I think development in the infrastructure is holding the implementation of cloud computing in Africa back. It would be nice to hear from the speakers how they will avoid building the pyramid upside-down.

I think it will be fascinating to get a better understanding of the viability of this approach for businesses within South Africa (and the context of our broadband access). But also think it will be interesting how this applies to retail and personal cloud service usage (which is definitely something that is increasing more and more overseas).

Security risks and how these are addressed

Cloud computing and mobile workforce seems interesting...

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

I'd love to have it explained to me in layman's terms as to how cloud computing is beneficial at an executive level...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast