Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: MTN not trailing Vodacom

Of course MTN isnt trailing VC, i mean...VC launched HSPDA a few weeks ago, and people are surfing and downloading and paying like 0.39c per MB. I mean, MTN launched HSPDA before VC, and no cards no tarrif decreace on the cards. MTN is clearly the leader here. Next MTN will tell you they launched 4G already in 1993 and just had to wait for the network to support it. Stupid Idiots! (My rant is over now, so just breath in, and breath out) BTW, do those people that swear uncontrollably get better service than other non swearing customers?

Hi Farquaon

We used the term ‘trailing’ in the context of following Vodacom’s lead. I looked for a more descriptive term, but I guess my lack of language skills are showing

Regarding price reductions: I think MTN may want to look at ways to improve value to customers without losing ARPU. I am very interested to see what they come up with…it will have to be good to beat a price reduction. If they however simply say they double their current usage allowances I think it will do the trick

Regards,

RPM

Banned

I'm getting so sick of everyone getting on the bandwagon of "Oh were not interrested in getting into a price war."

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by rpm
    Hi Farquaon

We used the term ‘trailing’ in the context of following Vodacom’s lead. I looked for a more descriptive term, but I guess my lack of language skills are showing

Regarding price reductions: I think MTN may want to look at ways to improve value to customers without losing ARPU. I am very interested to see what they come up with…it will have to be good to beat a price reduction. If they however simply say they double their current usage allowances I think it will do the trick

Regards,

RPM
    Yes, they will probably keep prices the same but increase data allowances by 20% as to maintain the policy of confusing the public so that apples can't be compared to apples.

I am sure MTN will find a way to compete ... just from personal experience their 3G and GSM network in my area is far superior to Vodocam's....

How do "innovative offerings" ever compete with lower prices? Are they going to start giving away toasters with their data cards?

To consumers - go where the lowest prices are - vote with your wallets - its that simple.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Master

When will VC or MTN wake up to the fact that a user like me wants GIG and not over the top speed.

Whats the use of a claimed "faster than ADSL" at triple the vakking cost !!!!

geesh - great **** - dl 1G and pay thru your arse for any byte above that.

AVR

It is in both MTN and Vodacom's best interest not to get into a price war. I like the way they justify it by saying that it could cause "service degredation". Haha. Pull the other one. Why is it so generally accepted that making something cheaper equals poorer quality and service? You can always make something cheaper as long as your net profit stays the same. Just because you have 50 000 customers forking out R599 a month doesn't mean you can't find 500 000 customers who will pay R59.90 a month or even R100 a month. I really need someone to explain to me why our telecoms companies are pricing their services so high for the elite few, when a good reduction in pricing will result in many tens of times more customers...

Bring on number portability, cuase I'm leaving MTN for Vodacom.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but number portability should be here in June or July right?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Davidj81
    Bring on number portability, cuase I'm leaving MTN for Vodacom.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but number portability should be here in June or July right?
    lol um no? It's supposed to be here in June, but obviously it won't be if Ivy has anything to do with it