Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Cell C, pathetic service and overcharge

Default Cell C, pathetic service and overcharge

I have got a 2Gig contract from Cell C for R149 per month from August 2012. I have been billed R149 right from then, my internet was caught out on the 30.03.2012 of March and when I called Cell C to find out why? They told me I have been hot lined and my outstanding account is R1600.00 I must now pay 50 % of the account to be able to activate my account again. I was not aware that this is a open contract I can be billed so high like this!
    I also find out that I have been billed R400/gig for the extra usage, this is like rubbing without you knowing. How can the customer be charged R400/Gig when the 2 Gig is 149 on the contract.
    I have contacted the customer service 4 times already I have been on the line more than2 hours after going through 10 minutes of voicemail every time, which by the way useless as after choosing all those options when you get to someone she/he put you through someone else and they ask you all those security questions again.
    I am very disappointed and unhappy and I would like my account to be cleaned as first of all nobody mentioned this is a open contract and also R400/Gig is over charge, way more than all the other service providers

Quote Originally Posted by hosseinjava View Post
    I have got a 2Gig contract from Cell C for R149 per month from August 2012. I have been billed R149 right from then, my internet was caught out on the 30.03.2012 of March and when I called Cell C to find out why? They told me I have been hot lined and my outstanding account is R1600.00 I must now pay 50 % of the account to be able to activate my account again. I was not aware that this is a open contract I can be billed so high like this!
    I also find out that I have been billed R400/gig for the extra usage, this is like rubbing without you knowing. How can the customer be charged R400/Gig when the 2 Gig is 149 on the contract.
    I have contacted the customer service 4 times already I have been on the line more than2 hours after going through 10 minutes of voicemail every time, which by the way useless as after choosing all those options when you get to someone she/he put you through someone else and they ask you all those security questions again.
    I am very disappointed and unhappy and I would like my account to be cleaned as first of all nobody mentioned this is a open contract and also R400/Gig is over charge, way more than all the other service providers
    Same thing happened to me on the vodacom 2gig contract for r149 per month, except I was charged R1000per gig, and they don't even cap you, so don't think it is just cell c. Check their website you will see there out of contract pricing. IMO I prefer cell c over vodacom ( I have a cell c contract aswell) and will change when contracts have expired. This has happened to me before with them, and get this when i opened the 2gig and asked for it to be limited they say they cant do that for the first 6months?? who knows why? they cant tell me, seemingly for this reason. They wont tell you this though (fine print) and why when they get to make and extra 1600 or so off you for 1 month, you need to read what you get into with contracts. Good luck getting it scrapped but they've covered their ass's in the contract agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Evo1007 View Post
    and get this when i opened the 2gig and asked for it to be limited they say they cant do that for the first 6months?? who knows why? they cant tell me, seemingly for this reason.
    If you are referring to Vodacom, this is not true and the person who told you this should check her/his facts. You have two options available to you.

1. Take the Top Up version of the Mofaya deal (NOTE: Does not support the exte 2Gig Nigh Owl data)
    2. On request we can load a small call limit on a contract line for you, including the Mofaya deal if you dont want the Top Up one. (NOTE: Data Billing takes a while to update, hence there could be a delay in the billing system locking the line once limit is reached and might cause you to overshoot your limit)
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post

2. On request we can load a small call limit on a contract line for you, including the Mofaya deal if you dont want the Top Up one. (NOTE: Data Billing takes a while to update, hence there could be a delay in the billing system locking the line once limit is reached and might cause you to overshoot your limit)
    What you must keep in mind, they do not guarantee this "lock" will kick in, and if it doesnt they will not be held liable. Its basically a best effort service, that doesnt work well. I would not rely on this!

I am referring to vodacom, I took out a 1year 2gig + 2gig night owl promotional contract, I asked them for the call limit, which is max r50 you will be charged over your monthly cost when opening the contract, i asked for this call limit they said no it can only be done after 6 months, so i waited and then did it. These 3g modems are so quick you need to be careful when downloading, as voda charges R1 per meg out of bundle, which I think is the highest out of the service providers. It's obviously my fault for letting it go over, and not topping it up. You need to read everything you being charged for and monitor your usage carefully at the end of the day. Some people dont and probably get caught out when downloading large files and think oh well i pay r149 for 2 gig and Ive gone 0.4gig over my cap, shouldnt be to bad, and you get your bill for R550. PUT LIMITS ON CONTRACTS!

I have got a 2Gig contract from Cell C for R149 per month from August 2012. I have been billed R149 right from then, my internet was caught out on the 30.03.2012 of March and when I called Cell C to find out why? They told me I have been hot lined and my outsRtanding account is R1600.00 I must now pay 50 % of the account to be able to activate my account again. I was not aware that this is a open contract I can be billed so high like this!
    Good Day

Please can you pm me your details , I'll take a look in to it.
    In connection to open contract there is no lock on it , you have to monitor your usage.

Will help see what issues is , as you say have been paying.

Regards
    ~AM~

Angry Angry Dissapointed CELL C - CLIENT - PATHETIC SERIVCE - OVER CHARGED!!!!

Ican relate to this as i've also been overcharged and they persons who suppose to investige my account came back with a response stating "i should not worry as it is not alot that was overcharged form what they can pick up" they forwarded me excel spreadsheets with info only an IT or technical person could understand. I am furious and frustrated with CELL C! honestly not even ICASA came back with my complaint this is the people we employ to resolve our consumer complaints! My god having the nerve to tell me i must not worry and pay the bill! Then they asked after the fact did someone explain the functions on the phone to me!! wow how nice to think about this after the fact! Ohhh Android phones have functions on it whereby it automatically download stuff without your knowledge and then still they dont explain to me what should be done! Today i was notified i will be listed on credit bureau although the dispute was not resolved! pathethic pathetic! cant wait for this contract to expire and convert all my friends to vodacom....atleast they understand what a consumer complaint is! I will not pay you guys Cell C! Fix my bloody account and stop overcharging me, i signed a contract for a specific amount not 8x more than that! Cell C - dissapointed/angry customer: **********
    Last edited by ginggs; 18-04-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Number removed

Hi Gamisa

Let me investigate, get to the bottom of it and i'll PM you for further details.

Regards
    *DM*

OOB Sharky strikes again I see...

Clients fault for not monitoring but the client wasn't told it was an open contract