Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come our cars are lower spec'd than their international counterparts

Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    ?? I am not referring to any brand in particular.

What should we do? stick to 1990 Corollas or bicycles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grep View Post
    Yup agreed, look at the Elantra here and in the States ... almost the same price, half the features. So why? coz they can ... well that and the massive import duty costs.
    ^

Super Grandmaster

*sigh* have u seen the title? My comment is in reference to our acceptance of the situation. Don't be daft. Get on your bicycle and cycle onto your next out of context post!

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    Get on your bicycle and cycle onto your next out of context post!
    i lol'd

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    *sigh* have u seen the title? My comment is in reference to our acceptance of the situation. Don't be daft. Get on your bicycle and cycle onto your next out of context post!
    "How come our cars are lower specd than their international counterparts?"

"the consumer in this country likes to get screwed"
    oh yes we all love it do you have a proper answer or are you just posting nonsense to up your post count.

"by the amount of new vehicles we are enjoying it more and more.."
    WELL? what options do we have?

Blog Entries

Interesting to see this thread, as the cars that I sell are all the equivalent of Premium spec on every other market in the world.

The ONLY extras available on the new XV, for example are leather (7500) and Satnav (10k). It has everything else.

As has been said, be careful of making observations on what you see on You Tube, for example, as they are probably showing you the top of the range car anyway.

If anyone wants a full colour MFD and reversing camera, I can supply that as well, not "charged" for as an extra either!!
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    "How come our cars are lower specd than their international counterparts?"

"the consumer in this country likes to get screwed"
    oh yes we all love it do you have a proper answer or are you just posting nonsense to up your post count.

"by the amount of new vehicles we are enjoying it more and more.."
    WELL? what options do we have?
    there is no consumer activism here. we just bend further over and take it like a good soldier. in america the consumer runs the market. thats why they have all the nice prices and things. when u are anti consumer in the usa you get boycotted. not one or two people but on your knees sorry we were wrong lawsuits boycotts..over here we nod and hand over the money.

so u do nothing like everybody else and just hand over the money. unless you buying from @fazda...

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
    Interesting to see this thread, as the cars that I sell are all the equivalent of Premium spec on every other market in the world.

The ONLY extras available on the new XV, for example are leather (7500) and Satnav (10k). It has everything else.

As has been said, be careful of making observations on what you see on You Tube, for example, as they are probably showing you the top of the range car anyway.

If anyone wants a full colour MFD and reversing camera, I can supply that as well, not "charged" for as an extra either!!
    Yea but that's cos Subaru does stuff PROPERLY!
    Last edited by carstensdj; 18-04-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    Luck is not random; it is attracted to those who work hard. Sweat, Blood and tears are the ingredients of a champion - Mike Tyson

Another thing to consider is in the UK which was used as an example you don't get a maintenance plan with the purchase of a car. So where you buy a car here and get 5year/100 000km maintenance plan you don't get it there

So it is a value add we have here, at the expense of other options

Grandmaster

My girlfriend is from the UK, and her brother often sends me classified ads just to piss in my porridge a little. It is CRAZY how cheap 2nd hand cars are there :O
    Luck is not random; it is attracted to those who work hard. Sweat, Blood and tears are the ingredients of a champion - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by carstensdj View Post
    My girlfriend is from the UK, and her brother often sends me classified ads just to piss in my porridge a little. It is CRAZY how cheap 2nd hand cars are there :O
    They make up for it with insurance premiums, the annual cost of which can often outweigh the cost of the actual car. And there's also the various taxes that they're subjected to.
    Solve two of the world's major problems: feed the homeless to the hungry

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    They make up for it with insurance premiums, the annual cost of which can often outweigh the cost of the actual car. And there's also the various taxes that they're subjected to.
    Wow, i didn't realize the insurance was THAT expensive!

I'm aware that they pay alot more road tax and and and... But was never sure what the amounts are?

My annual insurance used to be around 600 and annual license fee of +-60. Then if the car is more than three years old you need to take it for a "road worthy" (MOT) I think every two years or something like that prior to you being able to renew your car license - if I recall correctly the MOT was 30 + depending what they find wrong...

So you can buy a second hand car for 1000 insurance can be 300-400 per year, add MOT etc then it become bit pricier. Then there is also the petrol price BUT contrary to believe, it was cheaper for me to drive to work than use the train when we were there. (Based on fuel an some repair and maintenance costs)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12