Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Thread: Magazines?

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

The benefit of magazines is that the articles are usually better researched. When it comes to online who breaks news first is more important than whether said news is factually correct.

Quote Originally Posted by BeVonk! View Post

Anyone here still keen on Magazines?
    go! (subscribed)
    Getaway (most editions)
    Connect (every so often)

Stopped getting tech magazines (NAG, PCF) as I found the content dated; nothing I had not already or could not already get from the internet. I use to enjoy the SA Computer until they shut it down
    Real Men Don't Rape! [Lead SA]
    Report rape and sexual abuse. You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

Quote Originally Posted by TowerGuru View Post
    I have subscriptions to Time, Fortune and National Geographic. Only magazines I read.
    National Geographic = still worth buying. That is how all mags should be.
    What you do is your history. What you set in motion is your legacy. - Leonard Sweet

Too many magazines are so full of ads and light on in-depth content that they should be handed out for free. I should actually be paid to look at those ads.

I am soooo fed up with two page articles that says nothing and little we don't already know.
    What you do is your history. What you set in motion is your legacy. - Leonard Sweet

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post

BTW Men's Health is for you laaities who want smooth complexions, have inferiority complexes and still need to find your way in life
    lol +1. its always the same articles- how to build super abs, some new way to pick up women blah blah blah.

What should a mag do these days to retain their readers in a connected info overload age?

Quote Originally Posted by ave View Post
    lol +1. its always the same articles- how to build super abs, some new way to pick up women blah blah blah.
    Problem with many mags. Stick to one formula. Keep doing the same things over and over.

A mag I still enjoy with info not easy to find elsewhere: Combat Aircraft.

GQ all the way. Heck, I've met the senior copywriter of it, only reaffirmed my faith in the quality they produce.
    change is inevitable... cognitiveradio.co.za

i used to be a magazine purchaser like you (FHM , PCF , NAG) but then a took an arrow to my wallet ... Plus the mags are so thin these days and lacking in any real content.

i used to buy fhm, stuff, speed and sound and car

well just stopped stuff

speed and sound became bad ...car magazine well became bad as well and as for FHM that became schit ...from a +-200 page mag to like a 100page mag where 50 is adverts and most stories are the UK edition ...so stopped that

used to DL alot of Emags the free ones but older issues like the UK zoo, nuts and fhm and top gear

lately i jsut started buying the SA top gear and yet half the articles are UK ones its much cheaper and theres like 5 pages of adverts ...so its a very good mag

the parents buy you mag every week but they are also one week good one week krap and now its almost r20 its alot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
    We're on the internet to troll not to make bonds.

Super Grandmaster

I used to buy PC Format years ago, before I found the internet.

Subscribed to Go! when I had plenty free time before my son came along.

Now download Stuff, AppleMagazine, CAR etc on my iPad and read with kindle app.

Too many mags especially Men's Health have too many adverts and utter useless krap articles that negate the price at the end.

Also find myself only reading 1 or 2 articles and then paging through the rest - Best mags I have found so far are Popular Mechanics, National Geographic, Mens Fitness and Apple Magazine.

Popular Mechanics - love it (been a subscriber for a while)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast