Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: how are Renault's these days? (Megane III Hatch) bad buy?

Blog Entries

Question how are Renault's these days? (Megane III Hatch) bad buy?

Ive been looking to get rid of my polo and get a slightly bigger car, nothing fancy but I have been eyeing either the Golf 5/6 1.9 Tdi or the Renault Megane III 1.9Tdi.

Seems like the VW is a bit more pricey, and you get less from what I can see.

I see the Renault comes with a comprehensive warranty and 100,000 km service plan.

I've always been a VW person, and everyone always say "noooo dont ever buy a Renault".

Thoughts and opinions please
    sigh

IIRC Renault support in SA aint what it used to be a few years ago.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by InternetSwag View Post
    IIRC Renault support in SA aint what it used to be a few years ago.
    It's also down to dealerships.... or is it?

We had a Scenic (the last round shape). It had a Nissan engine... was a wonderful thing.
    Got the Megane II.... it was a miserable failure. Car was rattling and stuff was breaking 24/7.

We have friends with a Clio now. They're very very very unhappy with the car and the service. Oh, and the parts prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

I think with Renault, parts are not always readily available. We had to wait 3 weeks to get our scenic's rear windscreen replaced

Save yourself the headache and stay away from renault!

I've had endless problems with mine and so has my dad with his renault. Add to that, the dealership is useless - always refusing to do anything even though the cars have warranty.

Had a friend who bought a Sandero and within 5 months was giving her problems, sold the thing and got a Golf 6.
    I now have a signature!

A friend bought a new Renault Megane III ... nice car, no issues, quiet, smooth
    http://www.riverbed.com/

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    A friend bought a new Renault Megane III ... nice car, no issues, quiet, smooth
    Not yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Grandmaster

Wouldn't go NEAR a Renault personally... I just know too many people who have had endless issues and *** EXPENSIVE to replace parts!

You want reliability, Full house package AND a good price tag? go Korean mate! I been around and owned Hyundai's since the late 90's and from my personal experience they are bloody brilliant! Parts on the more popular models aren't bad at all. Things dont break and rattle etc... this is from my experience though...
    Luck is not random; it is attracted to those who work hard. Sweat, Blood and tears are the ingredients of a champion - Mike Tyson

I have had exceptionally crap service from Renault when I bought my Astra from them (used). They blatantly lied to my about servicing the car and doing the wheel balance. It also had a missing door badge which they promised to fit but eventually I had to buy it and fit and they would reimburse me. It was something small like R36 but after the 4th time I when to them to get the money and being told they don't have enough petty cash I decided they are the crapest dealers around. I'm only thankful I did not buy a Renault from them.
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

Cant be too bad if Mercedes are putting their badge on Renaults now . (badge engineering anyone?)

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/cars/m...loaf-1.1278036
    Last edited by etwylite; 18-04-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etwylite View Post
    Cant be too bad if Mercedes are putting their badge on Renaults now . (badge engineering anyone?)

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/cars/m...loaf-1.1278036
    Bizarre
    Intel 486 DX2 66MHz
    16MB RAM (4x4MB)
    Tseng 4000 1MB 256
    512MB HDD
    Creative Sound Blaster 16
    Creative Quad Speed CD-ROM
    14" Tatung VGA 800x600
    Windows 95

Are you buying new????? Everyone here is forgetting that all Renaults come with a 5 year service/warrant now. This make them alot more attractive then they used to be. But dont get me wrong.. i wouldn't buy one.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
    Are you buying new????? Everyone here is forgetting that all Renaults come with a 5 year service/warrant now. This make them alot more attractive then they used to be. But dont get me wrong.. i wouldn't buy one.
    And so does Hyundai... Hence my comment that the Gent should go Korean!

EDIT: Anyone seen that new Kia Optima (I think it's "Optima") ? WOW, looks like great value for money!
    Luck is not random; it is attracted to those who work hard. Sweat, Blood and tears are the ingredients of a champion - Mike Tyson

Blog Entries

Very nice car but be prepared to lose money when it comes time to eventually sell.

I valued an immaculate Renault Koleos last week. Book is R 247 000 and the highest offer I got was R 140 000.

You must just ask yourself if you are prepared to take that sort of knock two years down the road.

Renaults are very good buys if you live in Europe - not so great if you live in sunny SA.
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast