Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Future of 5Gb Whoosh contract deals?

  1. #1
    Senior Member pmbellis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pretoria East
    Posts
    291
    Blog Entries
    1

    Question Future of 5Gb Whoosh contract deals?

    Hi,

    I have a 5Gb Whoosh on a contract (R299/m for 5Gb/m)

    I (?think I?) took the contract out last May, which means it expires at the end of this month (April), however I've had no notice to that effect from Cell-C.

    Does anyone know what's the status of this contract ... will it continue on a month-to-month basis (yippee! ), or will I suddenly get cut off (oh no! ), or, even worse, will I suddenly get a bill for an enormous amount because I'm no longer in the original 12 month contract? (aarrgghh! )

    Regards,
    PTA East - HTC Desire HD
    4Mbps

  2. #2

    Default

    It will be stopped at the end of your contract. You HAVE TO renew it.

    CellC don't have the best prices anymore. Check out MTN or Vodacom.
    Only problem with Vodacom and MTN contract are that they are 24 MONTHS
    Or am i being stupid?

  3. #3

    Default

    CellC don't have the best prices anymore. Check out MTN or Vodacom.
    Not true.
    Wait, specials from Cell C are coming....
    Waiting... For now, 3GB R399/365 or monthly bundle.
    Or try 8ta SIM to test coverage for GoBig specials (prepaid of course).

  4. #4
    Senior Member pmbellis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pretoria East
    Posts
    291
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hmm,
    Cell_C Rep ??

    So: Whoosh 5Gb contract is history?
    ... hmm, yes it is: http://http://www.cellc.co.za/explor...o/expired-data

    Options (current, not pie in the sky ... I can't wait for them)

    Cell_C: "USB Speed Stick" 2Gb/m @ R299/m x 24 months (basically I lose 3Gb/m at the same price)
    Cell_C: "USB Speed Stick" 5Gb/m @ R699/m x 12 months (basically I pay R400/m more for what I currently get)
    http://www.cellc.co.za/data-contract-packages/usb-speed-sticks

    MTN: "Uncapped Lite" R299/m (3Gb & thereafter 256kbps)
    MTN: "MTN 2Gb" 2Gb @ R149/m
    http://www.mtn.co.za/MTNServices/bro...s.aspx?index=3

    Vodacom: Ag, no, those prices are ridiculous!
    http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/ph...ackageTypeId=4

    8ta: "Internet 4" 5Gb @R666/m
    http://www.8ta.com/plans/postpaid-data/

    Looks like the MTN "Uncapped Lite" is the best option for me

    Any comments?
    PTA East - HTC Desire HD
    4Mbps

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Not true.
    Wait, specials from Cell C are coming....
    Waiting... For now, 3GB R399/365 or monthly bundle.
    When?

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmbellis View Post
    Hmm,
    Cell_C Rep ??

    So: Whoosh 5Gb contract is history?
    ... hmm, yes it is: http://http://www.cellc.co.za/explor...o/expired-data

    Options (current, not pie in the sky ... I can't wait for them)

    Cell_C: "USB Speed Stick" 2Gb/m @ R299/m x 24 months (basically I lose 3Gb/m at the same price)
    Cell_C: "USB Speed Stick" 5Gb/m @ R699/m x 12 months (basically I pay R400/m more for what I currently get)
    http://www.cellc.co.za/data-contract-packages/usb-speed-sticks

    MTN: "Uncapped Lite" R299/m (3Gb & thereafter 256kbps)
    MTN: "MTN 2Gb" 2Gb @ R149/m
    http://www.mtn.co.za/MTNServices/bro...s.aspx?index=3

    Vodacom: Ag, no, those prices are ridiculous!
    http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/ph...ackageTypeId=4

    8ta: "Internet 4" 5Gb @R666/m
    http://www.8ta.com/plans/postpaid-data/

    Looks like the MTN "Uncapped Lite" is the best option for me

    Any comments?
    8ta has more options like 10gb@199/month
    20gb@299/month(10gb night use only)
    2+1gb prepaid for 149
    60+60 gb prepaid for 1800

  8. #8
    Senior Member pmbellis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pretoria East
    Posts
    291
    Blog Entries
    1

    Smile Feedback

    OK, Just got off the phone with Cell-C & according to them my account is now running in "month-to-month" mode on exactly the same terms as I had previously ... so:

    R299-00 /m for 5 Gb

    I'm very happy! Thanks Cell-C
    PTA East - HTC Desire HD
    4Mbps

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmbellis View Post
    OK, Just got off the phone with Cell-C & according to them my account is now running in "month-to-month" mode on exactly the same terms as I had previously ... so:

    R299-00 /m for 5 Gb

    I'm very happy! Thanks Cell-C
    That is a good deal. It is a shame I can't renew my two pre paid sims for the same price I bought them for when they expire.

  10. #10
    Cell C Representative Cell_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdComfort View Post
    That is a good deal. It is a shame I can't renew my two pre paid sims for the same price I bought them for when they expire.
    Good Day

    I know you can still get the 2 GB x 12 m voucher you can load for pre-paid.
    Will try fins out the price.

    Regards
    ~AM~

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Good Day

    I know you can still get the 2 GB x 12 m voucher you can load for pre-paid.
    Will try fins out the price.

    Regards
    ~AM~
    I am also looking at renewing my 5gb pm prepaid data that I took out a year ago.

    Please advise how I can renew or get the 2gb per month that I can load on my existing prepaid sim.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •