Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Vodafone 3G dongle (K3772) wont install on Ubuntu

Default Vodafone 3G dongle (K3772) wont install on Ubuntu

Hi,

Apparently the option for "Vodacom-default" should pop up under the network tab but it doesnt, I do see a little CD icon on my desktop which means that device is being read I assume but I cant install it and it doesnt ask for a pin etc, the light doesnt even come on. I've tried all the ports
    I'm not crazy......I'm just misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by MeNeZ View Post
    Apparently the option for "Vodacom-default" should pop up under the network tab but it doesnt, I do see a little CD icon on my desktop which means that device is being read I assume but I cant install it and it doesnt ask for a pin etc, the light doesnt even come on. I've tried all the ports
    Which Ubuntu release are you using? Is it up to date?

I find having the latest usb-modeswitch and network-manager packages helps with new modems.

Hey, did you win? I am having the same issue. I installed Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot on an Acer Aspire Timeline and I can tether my Android phone as a modem, but the Huawei k3772 modem is not recognised. I am trying to create a Mobile Broadband connection.

Any ideas would be appreciated. It's not my laptop, so this better work

Thanks,
    Lloyd

By the way, all drivers are up to date (usb-modeswitch and network-manager).

Quote Originally Posted by coderoid View Post
    Hey, did you win? I am having the same issue. I installed Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot on an Acer Aspire Timeline and I can tether my Android phone as a modem, but the Huawei k3772 modem is not recognised. I am trying to create a Mobile Broadband connection.

Any ideas would be appreciated. It's not my laptop, so this better work

Thanks,
    Lloyd
    Hmm, any reason you're not using 12.04 or 12.10? Support for Huawei modem is pretty good on those versions (in fact, I've been able to use an 8ta sim in the Voda dongle and it just works (unlike under W7 where any amount of hairpulling on my part has not been able to get it to work in that combination)
    -------------------------
    MyBB LFC Supporters Club
    Diablo 3 - GDruid#1919
    MyBB Member BattleTag and Clan Officer List