Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 122

Thread: Free to play mmorpg

  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carstensdj View Post
    Have absolutely no idea

    I just assumed that you had added me to that fleet :P Will leave, and join your fleet when we next online together...
    Whew!! Thought we'd lost a member
    Thanks bud... when you're on again I'll be sure to invite!

    Guys if you are online, I'll send an invite, you can then accept or reject. It will be from (corny) 5th Fleet Africa division.

    Again, there are no requirements for play time.
    Last edited by PhreeMe; 30-04-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

  2. #92

    Default

    It's going to be a while before I can play STO, I need to download a few other things before I download the patches.
    Can you guys keep playing while doing on demand patching because my game rubber bands constantly while patching?
    Also you can turn on demand off and on as you want, so if you're not using your computer you can turn it on and let it patch then when you want to play turn it off.

  3. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunvw View Post
    It's going to be a while before I can play STO, I need to download a few other things before I download the patches.
    Can you guys keep playing while doing on demand patching because my game rubber bands constantly while patching?
    Also you can turn on demand off and on as you want, so if you're not using your computer you can turn it on and let it patch then when you want to play turn it off.
    I can't say I've really seen that. My guess is it's controlled on the Launcher (Options in the top rightish), as I don't recall seeing any option resembling that ingame. My client patches fully before launching - bar the odd map update - but that also patches before letting me in. When I get home this eve I can confirm which options are selected on the Launcher Options if you'd like??
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

  4. #94

    Default

    Sadly if you don't want to play any carebear MMOs you will have to fork out some money. Most of the free to play MMOs suck sooo much because of the following reasons:
    - Heavily instanced. It sometimes feels like you are playing a single player game.
    - PvE oriented. You can't freely attack any other player.
    - Fast travel. Some MMOs allow you to just fast travel to certain zones without any penalty. LAME!
    - Global chat capabilities... This destroys the roleplaying experience
    - Some Free to play MMOs offer better stuff to paying customers.
    - Gets boring real fast because of the above reasons

    If you are a trammie(carebear player) then Runes of Magic is an okish game. Feels alot like World of Warcraft.

    If you are looking for a modern sandbox MMO and have the money then look at Darkfall or Mortal Online.

    If you don't have the cash then rather play Ultima Online: Second Age. It has the ruleset before EA destroyed the game by adding Trammel(Carebear land). Most MMOs(including WoW) follow the Trammel approach to gameplay that is reaally boring.

    You can find out more about UOSA here: http://www.uosecondage.com/

  5. #95
    Grandmaster Jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Drilling holes in wet places ..
    Posts
    2,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeonG View Post
    /snip

    If you don't have the cash then rather play Ultima Online: Second Age. It has the ruleset before EA destroyed the game by adding Trammel(Carebear land). Most MMOs(including WoW) follow the Trammel approach to gameplay that is reaally boring.

    You can find out more about UOSA here: http://www.uosecondage.com/
    Ahhhh, the game that started my MMO addiction. I loved UO back in the day ('90s)

  6. #96

    Default

    Its not the on demand patching on STO that was making me lag it was just my connection. I run for about 3 seconds then rubber band back to where I was, this happens constantly. Does STO have different servers or is there just the one.

    Do you guys have constant lagging as well?

  7. #97
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunvw View Post
    Its not the on demand patching on STO that was making me lag it was just my connection. I run for about 3 seconds then rubber band back to where I was, this happens constantly. Does STO have different servers or is there just the one.

    Do you guys have constant lagging as well?
    I've struggled with that a little over the past 2-3days as well. Patching is also slow and inconsistent.
    Luck is not random; it is attracted to those who work hard. Sweat, Blood and tears are the ingredients of a champion - Mike Tyson

  8. #98

    Default

    Looks like its sorted it self out, probably was just congested earlier. Enjoying this game.

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carstensdj View Post
    I've struggled with that a little over the past 2-3days as well. Patching is also slow and inconsistent.
    Bud what is your linespeed? I must say, this week in particular was difficult on me with disconnects and timeouts on a 4mb line...
    It does seem to go through phases though and for the most part I'm fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunvw View Post
    Looks like its sorted it self out, probably was just congested earlier. Enjoying this game.
    Good to hear!! What's your ingame handle? Offer to join the fleet is still open
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

  10. #100
    Karmic Sangoma ghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hotel California
    Posts
    39,929
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    I tried to play STO as I am a huge ST fan. It is so terrible I cant put myself through that. The bad graphics
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

  11. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhreeMe View Post
    Good to hear!! What's your ingame handle? Offer to join the fleet is still open
    Already joined the fleet my name is shad0wshanks.

  12. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    I tried to play STO as I am a huge ST fan. It is so terrible I cant put myself through that. The bad graphics
    If you put everything on full graphics it's not that bad.

  13. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    I tried to play STO as I am a huge ST fan. It is so terrible I cant put myself through that. The bad graphics
    Is your issue with the graphics?? Are you able to max it out? Honestly the graphics are really good, so I'm not sure if there's another problem?
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

  14. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunvw View Post
    Already joined the fleet my name is shad0wshanks.
    AH, now I know Thanks!
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

  15. #105
    Karmic Sangoma ghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hotel California
    Posts
    39,929
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunvw View Post
    If you put everything on full graphics it's not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhreeMe View Post
    Is your issue with the graphics?? Are you able to max it out? Honestly the graphics are really good, so I'm not sure if there's another problem?
    Yeah I have everything on max. Graphics still terrible. I guess WOW, Aion and SWTOR have spoilt me. Im probably one of the biggest Star Trek fans out there and I thought I could play my way through the bad graphics. I was wrong
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •