Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: 64 South African spammers named and shamed

Default 64 South African spammers named and shamed

64 South African spammers named and shamed

The latest ISPA Hall of Shame list names and shames 64 South African spammers and 34 e-mail resellers

Ok, so what is actually done in the end with the listed spammers?

Thanks for the list now i can update my spam filters )

I have filters for several of those to automatically delete without going to Spam - due to the sheer volume of spam emails they send out which has made it more difficult for me to find the occasional false positive email in my Spam folder.

Added a link to my forum signature, here's hoping Google will shame them a bit more at the top of a virtual list of spammers.
    ATTENTION: Bloody dishonourable SCAMRAL agent and clones

Trying to bait me into replying to your troll posts is not going to work.

Same names every year.

What is the use?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Same names every year. What is the use?
    This list in itself works to stop some people from spamming. But even bigger is that some spam filtering companies (software) have started to add these guys to their lists - hence a positive development.

My personal SPAM hall of shame:
    1) Esquire: emails multiple times a day, opt-out link is not a link at all, just a picture in an email.
    2) CompuCable in Hatfield. These peoples probably have a Windows 95 machine running with Outlook 97 or something, if you look at the quality/standard of their emails. No opt-out lists, no response on emails, contains animated GIFS and all 200 recipients are CC'd (not BCC'd)!

Number 59 is just looking for a court case ...
    http://www.riverbed.com/

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    This list in itself works to stop some people from spamming. But even bigger is that some spam filtering companies (software) have started to add these guys to their lists - hence a positive development.

Thanks, rpm.

Everyone should actually get together on spamming the spammers clients, so if you use these companies to spam us them we spam you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachless View Post
    Everyone should actually get together on spamming the spammers clients, so if you use these companies to spam us them we spam you.
    If only.

I wish all ISP's and hosting providers started terminating the services of these spammer mf's

This should be a name and kick in the nuts list. Stuff shame. Spammers have none.

Quote Originally Posted by thisgeek View Post
    This should be a name and kick in the nuts list.
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by thisgeek View Post
    Stuff shame. Spammers have none.
    so true, check the response I stumbled across earlier from the spammer c2it: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...k-at-a-Spammer

Quote Originally Posted by krono9 View Post
    Ok, so what is actually done in the end with the listed spammers?
    Nothing.

This list in itself works to stop some people from spamming.
    Yes. People do not want to be on it (despite the lack of any tangible consequence to being listed). Some will sign undertakings and adopt better e-mailing policies.

some spam filtering companies (software) have started to add these guys to their lists - hence a positive development.
    This resource was never intended to be used for filtering and as such is not necessarily suitable for it. For instance, domains of some not entirely spammy ESPs are listed. Only being updated every few months also makes it unsuitable for use in filtering.