Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R25m of Cape city assets missing

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."Hoka Hey

Finally some one is questioning the accounting practices which seem rife in the New South Africa!
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

Super Grandmaster

LOL - let' see how many things the DA has uncovered so far:

Jewelry City contract
    Parking contract
    R25m 'lost' assets
    City managers (possible) illegal contract.

And this is two months into the job
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    Why is your name Polish? You are not black?

The DA sure knows how to spoil a good party

ahhhh
    the good work the anc has been doing for our country that angelo and tibby have been talking so much about

im sure the 25m of lost assets was sold and the money used to buy food for orphans, the ANC are saints..

Super Grandmaster

Im sure the assets were not sold but merely given to people who needed them more than the owners (tax payers) did. Its simply righting the wrongs of appartheid. The DA is thus not playing ball in the new SA by bringing these things to light. /end sarcasm

Its no wonder the ANC has been so flippin worried about the DA taking over local councils....
    "We live in a monetary paradigm that demands infinite growth, so balance is not possible." Michael C. Ruppert

Quote Originally Posted by Freshy-ZN
    Im sure the assets were not sold but merely given to people who needed them more than the owners (tax payers) did. Its simply righting the wrongs of appartheid. The DA is thus not playing ball in the new SA by bringing these things to light. /end sarcasm

Its no wonder the ANC has been so flippin worried about the DA taking over local councils....
    Maybe?

What is going to continue is the endless unearthing of k@k ad infinitum.
    Makes one nauseas just to read all this nonsense.
    To think we have to pay all our taxes diligently when officials just steal or misplace public money and property.
    They should start making examples out of these employees by opening dockets and laying charges against them before they show them the door.

We haven't heard the end of Mgoqi and his story as well.
    It is like the Boswell Wilkie Circus.

What do we pay Rates and Taxes for?
    It is like a pool of money with vultures circling around waiting for a piece of the action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Rooney
    LOL - let' see how many things the DA has uncovered so far:

Jewelry City contract
    Parking contract
    R25m 'lost' assets
    City managers (possible) illegal contract.

And this is two months into the job
    Lots more to come still I am afraid.
    The public hasn't a clue how these people exploit our Rates and Taxes.
    I have told a few people in the past and they look at you and think you are over-exaggerating.
    I have seen the paperwork and witnessed the corruption.
    The problem with Council stuff is when you get involved all you think about is council stuff. I am desperately trying to rid myself of this burden.
    I do a bit of work for the Ratepayers Association and I have all the documents at hand of how the fired City Manager doesn't even have the decency to reply or give us a Receipt for correspondence sent to his office.
    My small bit of experience with Council suggests that Officials that don't reply or try to get rid of you, do so deliberately to hide their own ignorance of Council laws and policies.

Lets give her Honourable Mayor Helen Zille a chance.
    I don't think she is going to disappoint us?
    Last edited by BTTB; 27-04-2006 at 10:03 PM.
    You can take Telkom out of the Post Office but you can't take the Post Office out of Telkom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    Expecting a corporate to do something out of a spirit of goodwill is about as efective as expecting to win a lottery without purchasing a ticket. It ain't gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by BTTB
    Maybe?

What is going to continue is the endless unearthing of k@k ad infinitum.
    Makes one nauseas just to read all this nonsense.
    To think we have to pay all our taxes diligently when officials just steal or misplace public money and property.
    They should start making examples out of these employees by opening dockets and laying charges against them before they show them the door.

We haven't heard the end of Mgoqi and his story as well.
    It is like the Boswell Wilkie Circus.

What do we pay Rates and Taxes for?
    It is like a pool of money with vultures circling around waiting for a piece of the action.

Lots more to come still I am afraid.
    The public hasn't a clue how these people exploit our Rates and Taxes.
    I have told a few people in the past and they look at you and think you are over-exaggerating.
    I have seen the paperwork and witnessed the corruption.
    The problem with Council stuff is when you get involved all you think about is council stuff. I am desperately trying to rid myself of this burden.
    I do a bit of work for the Ratepayers Association and I have all the documents at hand of how the fired City Manager doesn't even have the decency to reply or give us a Receipt for correspondence sent to his office.
    My small bit of experience with Council suggests that Officials that don't reply or try to get rid of you, do so deliberately to hide their own ignorance of Council laws and policies.

Lets give her Honourable Mayor Helen Zille a chance.
    I don't think she is going to disappoint us?
    wat praat jy,ons" majoor" koop n s500merc vir 1miljoen(stupid koei)
    The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."Hoka Hey

Super Grandmaster DigitalSoldier's Avatar

Makes you wonder what did anc did in all the time they ran Cape town and if all this stuff the uncover only in cpt just imagine the stuff they will be able to uncover if the DA or any other party black or white gets control of the country.

And what if the anc win the next cpt election will all Helen Zille's work been for nothing ?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSoldier
    Makes you wonder what did anc did in all the time they ran Cape town and if all this stuff the uncover only in cpt just imagine the stuff they will be able to uncover if the DA or any other party black or white gets control of the country.

And what if the anc win the next cpt election will all Helen Zille's work been for nothing ?
    There are some bright people here on MyADSL.
    The simple reasoning you just gave is what I have been trying to tell the local folk.
    Yes. The Honourable Mayor will work tirelessly with her staff to run a tight ship and sort the financial mess up of the books, perhaps only to lose it all again later to the likes of Mama-India and crowd.

And the more you read about the financial balls-up the previous bunch have made the more one has to reason as to why anyone would want to side with De Lille and her band of ANC-Huggers.
    Makes you think twice about De Lille's motives to try and hold the balance of power in Cape Town.
    Last edited by BTTB; 27-04-2006 at 10:04 PM.
    You can take Telkom out of the Post Office but you can't take the Post Office out of Telkom.
    Expecting a corporate to do something out of a spirit of goodwill is about as efective as expecting to win a lottery without purchasing a ticket. It ain't gonna happen!

Thumbs down 35 000 new cases of fraud found...MORE and MORE

There are some bright people here on MyADSL.
    The simple reasoning you just gave is what I have been trying to tell the local folk.
    Yes. The Honourable Mayor will work tirelessly with her staff to run a tight ship and sort the financial mess up of the books, perhaps only to lose it all again later to the likes of Mama-India and crowd.

And the more you read about the financial balls-up the previous bunch have made the more one has to reason as to why anyone would want to side with De Lille and her band of ANC-Huggers.
    Makes you think twice about De Lille's motives to try and hold the balance of power in Cape Town.
    http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...923408,00.html

You mean the balance of corruption... meaning: no balance on the books!
    Et tu, Brute?

I came, I saw, I couldn't believe my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by ettubrute
    You mean the balance of corruption... meaning: no balance on the books!
    I dont want to sound racist,but it seems to me the gvt is running a "black ops"

Default Mbeki issues stern warning to corrupt councillors

Mbeki issues stern warning to corrupt councillors

April 27, 2006, 18:15
    President Thabo Mbeki has sent out a stern warning against what he called "greedy and corrupt councillors" who think municipalities can be used as cash cows.
    Well put Mr President.
    Nice one.
    Easier said than done.

Super Grandmaster DigitalSoldier's Avatar

Well said but who will watch over these councillors if Mbeki is never even in the country unless he needs to do something in public

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast