Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65

Thread: Mweb 1mb Uncapped or Openweb Gold/Silver??

  1. #31
    Psychonaut seven satanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    the edge of the shroom
    Posts
    38,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rands View Post
    What is the download speed reduced to during the day on Mwebs 1meg account?
    +/-40-60 kbps

  2. #32

    Default

    I had MWEB when they first launched uncapped and it wasn't great. Since then I have been a huge fan of Openweb. This month I made the switch back to MWEB and I must say, they are amazing. The speeds are good, no shaping on newsservers and no problems.

    Openweb has great support but I got very tired of emailing them to ask about why it was slow, only to get given another account. MWEB has been a dream so far and I dont see myself moving away from them.
    Rise, in honour of Reason.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrybeaver View Post
    I had MWEB when they first launched uncapped and it wasn't great. Since then I have been a huge fan of Openweb. This month I made the switch back to MWEB and I must say, they are amazing. The speeds are good, no shaping on newsservers and no problems.

    Openweb has great support but I got very tired of emailing them to ask about why it was slow, only to get given another account. MWEB has been a dream so far and I dont see myself moving away from them.
    To be honest, I don't mind paying a little more than R200, since I am currently paying R332 exl line rentel for the 1Mb package and my ISP has been throttling my heavily 24/7...So i'm what i'm looking for is the best ISP that doesn't throttle you like crazy if you download too much~ Because on avg I tend to do around 90GB+/- a month.

    Quote Originally Posted by satanboy View Post
    +/-40-60 kbps
    40-60+/- isn't too bad...but does this apply to all download types? HTTP/FTP/Torrent?
    Or should I say, which download type effects the most?

    Kind Regards
    Key

  4. #34

    Default

    Opwenweb 1 mb Lite account is great for me. Never been shaped or anything from what I can tell.

  5. #35

    Default

    lol, forgot the comma in there, Its in MB not GB so yeah - 247GB in a month

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keymaster View Post
    OW Gold is out of the budget~ Else I wouldn't hesitate to get it...

    Kind Regards
    Key
    They currently have a special for R258 pm, R59 more than the standard Mweb account. Not bad for something that runs at full speed 24/7.

    http://www.openweb.co.za/specials.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I am a tool

  7. #37
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Muscat, Oman
    Posts
    1,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    They currently have a special for R258 pm, R59 more than the standard Mweb account. Not bad for something that runs at full speed 24/7.

    http://www.openweb.co.za/specials.html
    I want the 1MB one. Pity it's only for new customers. Keoma, please make a plan there.

  8. #38
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Snorries
    Posts
    10,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjjdp View Post
    I want the 1MB one. Pity it's only for new customers. Keoma, please make a plan there.
    Yeah it's really not a bad price. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

  9. #39
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Muscat, Oman
    Posts
    1,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    Yeah it's really not a bad price. At all.
    Yip. I have the 384 gold account for R269 and it's brilliant.

  10. #40
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Snorries
    Posts
    10,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjjdp View Post
    Yip. I have the 384 gold account for R269 and it's brilliant.
    I came from OW Gold. Was good, but my requirements didn't justify the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

  11. #41
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    I'm currently with Wazzup (Cybersmart), 384 Uncapped - R305 p/m. Thinking of moving to MWEB really soon just waiting for more price drops if any. ( I heard Telkom line rentals should be dropping soon)

    Can someone with MWEB 1Mb Uncapped post their speedtest results please?
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

  12. #42
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape town
    Posts
    6,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodr View Post
    I'm currently with Wazzup (Cybersmart), 384 Uncapped - R305 p/m. Thinking of moving to MWEB really soon just waiting for more price drops if any. ( I heard Telkom line rentals should be dropping soon)

    Can someone with MWEB 1Mb Uncapped post their speedtest results please?
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1913208925.png
    Clevo P150HM ,I7 2720QM , 1080P 95% gamut display , 8GB 1333mhz ,Blueray rom ,750gb 7200RPM ,GTX 485M 675/1600
    Dell 29 inch ultrasharp.

  13. #43
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hereticangel View Post
    Thanks, that was ninja fast. Now just to win the wife's vote.
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

  14. #44
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Snorries
    Posts
    10,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodr View Post
    Thanks, that was ninja fast. Now just to win the wife's vote.
    My speedtest doesn't like me tonight, but Mweb: 17ms, 0.87 down, 0.43 up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

  15. #45
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    So I got the go ahead *sweet*. Should I take the Mweb Bundle or get the Telkom adsl line separate? - it works out to the same price.
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •