Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: How the ANC is Squandering South Africa’s Digital Future - by Steve Song

Default How the ANC is Squandering South Africa’s Digital Future - by Steve Song

How the ANC is Squandering South Africa’s Digital Future

The ANC need to appoint new leadership in the Department of Communications and to elevate the ministry to frontline status

Blog Entries

“Mobile Termination Rates (MTRs) are not an industry-wide cost that the consumer bears — the net cost of MTRs to consumers is and always has been zero,” he said. “MTRs are paid by operators to each other to terminate calls on the other’s network.”

It's funny how this "boks" Dick Boorman thinks the money that they pay each other don't come from the consumer.

Just to make things easier on Vodacom I've decided to move away from them to 8ta at the end of the month when my contract expires, now they won't have to pay those dreaded MTRs on my behalf when I phone my parents who have also moved to 8ta.
    Last edited by Jakes147; 19-04-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFig View Post
    Well, well, well....

I am sooooo pissed off I could punch a dolphin

Master

a decent article at last. Well done.

Unfortunately it's not just our Digital Future that's being squandered .. look around you & see a great country go to waste 'cos of the corruption/incompetence/arrogance of its current leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTDP View Post
    a decent article at last. Well done.
    indeed

I never intended to read through it all but it was well worth it.
    [i7 920 D0 | Rampage II Extreme | 12GB Team Xtreem 2000MHz | 9TB | Odin GT 800w | GTX480 | Antec 1200 | T260 | KrK VXT6 | RME BabyFace |Snow Leopard]

Good article and quite true. I travel extensively and it is quite embarrassing that countries like Sri Lanka, Tanzania and Angola have cheaper and faster mobile prepaid rates than us. By a long margin! Not even talking about the fact that almost all hotels now offer free wifi. My next trip is to Kenya and I browsed Safaricom's site, just to find more of the same. We are truly being ripped off.

Grandmaster

And Mweb wants to brag about their price drops that is still too expensive.
    Why don't they use all their resources to fight Telkom

Good article. Also,

FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by KOPITE View Post
    And Mweb wants to brag about their price drops that is still too expensive.
    Why don't they use all their resources to fight Telkom
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by evilstebunny View Post
    Unfortunately it's not just our Digital Future that's being squandered .. look around you & see a great country go to waste 'cos of the corruption/incompetence/arrogance of its current leaders.
    True story. When will ANC voters wake up?

Dude, nice article. And am glad you pointed out whose is at fault here. And you are right. Ultimately, ANC is at fault. Infect we can go as far as saying ANC is the one deliberately killing the countries digital future.

But do you think though that us WAITING for ANC to eventually do the right thing is the solution? I mean they are the one deliberately killing our digital future.
    Personally we can't look to government, ICASA or the industry players to change things. They are NOT the solution. An they will NEVER be.

Default Well Done !

Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post

The ANC need to appoint new leadership in the Department of Communications and to elevate the ministry to frontline status
    This must be the best article i have read on MBB.

I will with your required permission " Mr. Writer" use some of your points in my submission to the DOC on the future ICT. I will upload and allow free download and comments.

DXL Team

An extremely good article; well done

Drastic action need to be taken. The ANC should appoint the head of the army to replace the minister of communication.

Oh wait. They have done that.

@Steve well done this time hope you get more customers for beep bank lol.

Seriously now the politicians have always not known how to deal with issues which they dont understand, as a result they push them aside, unfortunately here to our country and us a citizens detriment

So no one else to blame but ANC and the players who knew they were dealing with ministers who did not understand the impact of cost to the economy, and took advantage.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast