So I got a complaint from our ISP that we're sending out spam. Logged in to the Exchange server, and took a shufty at the mail queues via the exchange manager.
700+ queues of spam.
Cleaned up the active queues, and a bit more.
Then I went off to have a shufty at the log files. The log file for Tuesday was over 1Gb in size, and the log for Wednesday was over 500Mb in size. i kid you not.
Word, Notepad and Wordpad all balked at opening those log files.
So I copied them over to a Linux PC and took a shufty at these.
Found out that the spammer was using a static IP (hence blacklisting not working).... In a fit of rage I entered both his domain and static IP in the 'deny' lists.
Will post pics later up on what and where though.
Today I will be implementing a Linux mail filtering solution, to stop pesky buggers like this... this... ****** from spamming us again. And I'll contact Spamhaus to get that IP listed.
Can also be somebody else's email server got compromised though....