Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast

Thread: Loving my 8ta

Another satisfied customer (So far.).

I subscribed to the 10gig per month package this morning and I have been playing around with it.

I'm replacing the CellC 5gig per month promotion and just slotted the sim into my CellC branded E1820 and D105 and it worked without a hitch. So far speeds are about 50% better than CellC and ping is about 100 local and 250 to the UK which is a damn site better than I was experiencing.

https://home.8ta.com/onnet/public/mobileData is awesome too. Realtime balances and the ability to but extra data from there. Beats having to take the dongle out of the router and plug it into my PC to check balances.

Never thought I'd say it but "Nice work Telkom."
    Last edited by BobsLawnService; 30-04-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsLawnService View Post
    Another satisfied customer (So far.).

I subscribed to the 10gig per month package this morning and I have been playing around with it.

I'm replacing the CellC 5gig per month promotion and just slotted the sim into my CellC branded E1820 and D105 and it worked without a hitch. So far speeds are about 50% better than CellC and ping is about 100 local and 250 to the UK which is a damn site better than I was experiencing.

https://home.8ta.com/onnet/public/mobileData is awesome too. Realtime balances and the ability to but extra data from there. Beats having to take the dongle out of the router and plug it into my PC to check balances.

Never thought I'd say it but "Nice work Telkom."
    Noticed that to.No need to keep on punching in your username and password to get balances if you have registered.Now it just automatically detects the sim and gives it to you.

Speed has picked up nicely as well.

well done 8ta.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Worthwhile moving our families four mobiles from Vodacom to 8ta?
    You can take Telkom out of the Post Office but you can't take the Post Office out of Telkom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    Expecting a corporate to do something out of a spirit of goodwill is about as efective as expecting to win a lottery without purchasing a ticket. It ain't gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by BTTB View Post
    Worthwhile moving our families four mobiles from Vodacom to 8ta?
    I have the 10GB contact with 8ta, and have been very happy with it, so I would not have a problem taking on a phone contact with them. They have a big sale (ending 31 May), with unbelievable specials on the samsung galaxy s3 and the omnia. You could always take out 2 contacts right now and see if you're happy, before moving all 4 over. Unfortunately I still have a year to go before my phone contact runs out. As for data, I have been running with vodacom's mofaya and 8ta's i5 promo simultaneously. In the past year, I've been bitten twice by vodacom's OOB shark. Never again, as contract ends in May. Goodbye vodacom.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ToneDef View Post
    I have the 10GB contact with 8ta, and have been very happy with it, so I would not have a problem taking on a phone contact with them. They have a big sale (ending 31 May), with unbelievable specials on the samsung galaxy s3 and the omnia. You could always take out 2 contacts right now and see if you're happy, before moving all 4 over. Unfortunately I still have a year to go before my phone contact runs out. As for data, I have been running with vodacom's mofaya and 8ta's i5 promo simultaneously. In the past year, I've been bitten twice by vodacom's OOB shark. Never again, as contract ends in May. Goodbye vodacom.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    I'm paying R2000 a month currently, my own Cell Phone the cheapest of the four at around R350. The thing is, I am confused as I hardly ever use the phone and never use data and neither does my wife. It just seems all too expensive to me for this day and age for simple calls and sms.

Having an existing Telkom account help or is billing separate?
    You can take Telkom out of the Post Office but you can't take the Post Office out of Telkom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    Expecting a corporate to do something out of a spirit of goodwill is about as efective as expecting to win a lottery without purchasing a ticket. It ain't gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by BTTB View Post
    I'm paying R2000 a month currently, my own Cell Phone the cheapest of the four at around R350. The thing is, I am confused as I hardly ever use the phone and never use data and neither does my wife. It just seems all too expensive to me for this day and age for simple calls and sms.

Having an existing Telkom account help or is billing separate?
    Go to the 8ta website to download the "Hot spot sale" brochure, or check out this other thread http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...-Hot-Spot-Sale! Only you can judge whether these packages will meet your family's typical usage patterns. At a guess, the HTC Sensation (R230 pm, 230 mins to 8ta/Telkom numbers, 60 mins to other mobile networks) looks like it could meet your needs. It doesn't count in your favour if you have a Telkom account or not. 8ta is supposed to be run separately. Just see it as taking out a totally new contract with a different company, and provide all the necessary docs with your application (3 months stamped bank statements, proof of residence eg utilities bill, ID, salary slip).

Holding thumbs (both of them, and both toes crossed)

Life with 8ta, has been the PITS, last 2 weeks, just loaded new 2+1 bundle, put SIM in my K4605, plugged into my laptop, connected, and man, I'm cruising

Hope this lasts, so that 8ta, and me, are back to normal ...
    Good coffee should be, black like the Devil, hot like Hell, and sweet as a Kiss - Hungarian Proverb.

Master

So I got the 10GB deal on Monday - not touching Telkom Landlines before Naked ADSL becomes available. 341 MB loaded as pro rata, and I can cancel it withing 7 days if not happy with it, without any penalties.

Needless to say, I play with it the whole day, and my data goes down down down. Suddenly I cannot browse anymore, but I am still connected. What now?

I notice there is an sms on the phone with the sim inside. 'Your data balance is low. Your usage has been suspended until you top up your data'. Check the balance, 1MB data left. How awesome is that?

So simple, I wish Vodacom had cool features like this on my Night Owl.

Thanks 8ta for a great experience so far!

Ive had the 10 gig for R199 promo for about 5 months now. It occasionally drops the connection, and I dont know how fast it is - Its fast enough for me, and that all that matters so overall Im really happy with it.
    The best part is being able to switch on the computer, mess around on the internet and not worry if your going to be hammered, or worse run out of data!
    The billing is a bit odd though, some months I get billed twice, others nothing. It adds up to the same amount though.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
    The billing is a bit odd though, some months I get billed twice, others nothing. It adds up to the same amount though.
    Whoops. Do they double debit you those months aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoul View Post
    is 8ta non roaming available in the nc yet?
    Hi Darksoul!

We have a system which allows us to see how many people apply/or are interested in non-roaming service in an area and this determines if and how urgently service will be provided. Use our website and complete the form on the right hand side to show interest in service in an area.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Quote Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
    Ive had the 10 gig for R199 promo for about 5 months now. It occasionally drops the connection, and I dont know how fast it is - Its fast enough for me, and that all that matters so overall Im really happy with it.
    The best part is being able to switch on the computer, mess around on the internet and not worry if your going to be hammered, or worse run out of data!
    Hi RyanC!

We would like to check and see what the problem is with your billing and improve your experience with us. Please can you provide us with your 8ta and ID number and we can follow up on your query?

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wezzy777 View Post
    Switched from MTN (hate MTN with the most utmost passion but that's for another day) to 8ta and could not be happier, the speeds are great and service is outstanding.

Well done 8ta
    Was loving it but not so much anymore in the last week or so lucky if I get 1Mps...eish 8ta please make a plan saw another thread of people in Centurion complaining about the speed

Quote Originally Posted by Wezzy777 View Post
    Was loving it but not so much anymore in the last week or so lucky if I get 1Mps...eish 8ta please make a plan saw another thread of people in Centurion complaining about the speed
    Hi Wezzy777!

Please complete our template so we can investigate? We would like to resolve this for you.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi Wezzy777!

Please complete our template so we can investigate? We would like to resolve this for you.

Regards,
    Social Media Team
    Will complete the template tommorrow and send it through.

Regards

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast