Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Windows 95

  1. #1
    Master of Messengers |tera|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    terra
    Posts
    20,692

    Cool Windows 95

    Do you remember Windows 95 and how you had to battle with fixing IRQ Resources and settings to get the simplest devices working? No plug and play.

    How you had to use ScanDisk to fix file system errors and pray it worked?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_ScanDisk

    This was also the first MS OS to come out for the masses and allowed me at the age of 11 years old to work on our home PC?

    Fun times indeed
    Last edited by |tera|; 20-04-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

    |GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|I <3 Loot & Zando|

  2. #2
    Banned Cool E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Republic of Venda
    Posts
    4,023
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I remember coding in Assembly language , playing with registers on win 95.

  3. #3

    Default

    I remember running the demo for Windows 95, it was basically a slideshow that ran fullscreen on Windows 3.x (you could click the Start Menu!). It looked so cool at the time.

  4. #4
    Master of Messengers |tera|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    terra
    Posts
    20,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabean View Post
    I remember running the demo for Windows 95, it was basically a slideshow that ran fullscreen on Windows 3.x (you could click the Start Menu!). It looked so cool at the time.
    I also remember that Wow. What a punch through my mind
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

    |GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|I <3 Loot & Zando|

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teraside View Post
    Do you remember Windows 95 and how you had to battle with fixing IRQ Resources and settings to get the simplest devices working? No plug and play.
    Bad memories - you just sent them through my mind.

  6. #6

    Default

    lol, remember having to load cdrom drivers just to start the install (unless you had floppies).

    Then booting to dos to actually play the decent games?

  7. #7
    Master of Messengers |tera|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    terra
    Posts
    20,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    lol, remember having to load cdrom drivers just to start the install (unless you had floppies).

    Then booting to dos to actually play the decent games?
    Decent yes , but too old for me to remember which games were proper (except for the Adventure games, kings quest etc.)

    I remember having a Win95 box with a RIVA TNT Graphics card, which I put onto Win98 and played Tomb Raider, Unreal Tournament and Quake That's flippen ages ago.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

    |GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|I <3 Loot & Zando|

  8. #8

    Default

    Oh My Gosh. Classic Nolstalgia Thread!

    Haha the funniest thing was "Please wait while your computer shuts down"... then wait for a minute or two... and the "Its now safe to turn off your computer", then you reach for the power button. #Classic

    I used to play Doom95 and Duke Nukem and thought they were beyond amazing...!

    I miss the old names: like Network Neighbourhood, and My briefcase (Though i remember not knowing what to use it for).

    I remember trying to record my songs on Windows Recorder using one of those long computer mics. I had horrible headphones with pads that scratch your ears.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teraside View Post
    Decent yes , but too old for me to remember which games were proper (except for the Adventure games, kings quest etc.)

    I remember having a Win95 box with a RIVA TNT Graphics card, which I put onto Win98 and played Tomb Raider, Unreal Tournament and Quake That's flippen ages ago.
    Unreal1 was my personal favorite all time FPS.

  10. #10

    Default

    Installing Win 95 from 13 stiffies.
    Be reasonable.
    See it my way.

  11. #11
    Karmic Sangoma ghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hotel California
    Posts
    40,596
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Noobs, windows 3.1 is the bong.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

  12. #12
    Chrome Boy Chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chromeland, Gauteng
    Posts
    11,183

    Default

    I installed it on my mother's cousin machine 2 weeks ago. UI is terrible!
    “Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”

  13. #13
    Chrome Boy Chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chromeland, Gauteng
    Posts
    11,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
    Installing Win 95 from 13 stiffies.
    How? The one I got was 550MB, and was just plain Windows.
    “Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khanya View Post
    How? The one I got was 550MB, and was just plain Windows.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/...19/453612.aspx

  15. #15
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mama Randburg, middle of everywhere
    Posts
    5,256

    Default

    I remember the big launch event at Sandton Square, and the Stones' 'start me up' hook they played to DEATH doing it ..and leaving the event too damn early and missing getting the free copy.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •