Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Diablo 3 beta thoughts (non diablo and diablo players)

Default Diablo 3 beta thoughts (non diablo and diablo players)

So after playing the beta in the open beta I would like to know from top, but its only like 1/4 act so u cant jugde by much

1. Are u a Diablo player (meaning u played diablo 2 or 1 ) or a non diablo player? [I am a old diablo player]
    2. What do u think of the feel of the game ,the creepy ness? [I loved it so far it is like the old series just a bit beter]
    3. What is your fav char so far ? [WD loved him]
    4. The music do u like it? [I loved it dont think ill ever have to mute it]
    5. The skills? [have not tested all but some is boring that could be me but, o I loved that barb owing the mobs]
    6. Do u love the game, will u buy it ?[hell yes]

Are u a Diablo player (meaning u played diablo 2 or 1 ) or a non diablo player? Old Diablo player
    What do u think of the feel of the game ,the creepy ness? Enjoyed it throughly, played the witch doctor in the beta and had alot of fun with it, what made me happy about the game is the fact that if you join the game in a party there is no more spam clicking on the loot drops
    What is your fav char so far ? I have only played the witch doctor
    The music do u like it? yup
    The skills? only tested the witch doctor skills and from what I have seen, it is quite an awesome class to play
    Do u love the game, will u buy it ? dam right I will be buying the game

Are u a Diablo player (meaning u played diablo 2 or 1 ) or a non diablo player? [Played through D1 + expansion and D2 and LOD many many times]
    What do u think of the feel of the game ,the creepy ness? [A bit of the old, a bit of the new. Like the overall feeling of the game and the new physics.]
    What is your fav char so far ? [Only played barbarian, was loads of fun]
    The music do u like it? [Music was great]
    The skills? [Skills are easier to assign, but I miss being able to assign skill points (health, dexterity, strength etc) would also be cool to be able to switch skills during battle but I understand why I can't]
    Do u love the game, will u buy it ?[I already bought the digital copy when it released, after the open beta I am glad I did]

1) Old Diablo player

2) I think it's been done fairly well. I compare the outside area to the first act of D2 and honestly think modernish graphics make this more creepy. The only thing that made D2's interiors gloomy was that they set your light radius to near non-existent. I like both D2 and D3's takes on that.

3) Barb. Only character I've created and don't see that changing for the first few months.

4) I don't like the one tune that comes from that first gameplay vid where the barb fights that giant blob with 2 maces. Bar that, also loving the music

5) I played with all the skills the barb had access to and while they are all fun, I can see some that will be auto favourites as they keep high damage percentages as well as being AOE. Seismic slam for example.

6) Preordered the CE November last year
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

Are u a Diablo player (meaning u played diablo 2 or 1 ) or a non diablo player?
    [Played the old games loads]

What do u think of the feel of the game ,the creepy ness?
    [Great 'creepy' feel, definitely not as 'gloomy' as the original games though.]

What is your fav char so far ?
    [only tried the Wizard - was pretty cool, think i'll roll barb in the proper game tho]

The music do u like it?
    [Wife was watching supernatural most of the time i was playing so that sorta killed it! What i did hear was great though.]

The skills?
    [Pretty cool from what I saw.]

Do u love the game, will u buy it?
    [I don't know if I love it, but I'll definitely play it through. Have pre-ordered through takealot!]

1.Yes! Played 1 and 2 loved em
    2.Feel is good, quite smooth
    3.Barbarian
    4. I play ever game listening to psy trance so didn't notice it :/
    5. They could be tweaked abit
    6.Pre ordered already!

1.Yep - Finished 1, didn't finish 2 (life intervened for a while and by the time I got back to playing the graphics were too dated)
    2. Nicely balanced between light and dark - not too creepy; gameplay is smooth - like DS1 (not DS2)
    3. Archer (can't remember the proper name)
    4. Suited to game - not irritating - good in background
    5. I like - better than 1 and 2
    6. Pre ordered from Kalahari

Amazing what history will do for a game - while waiting for D3 I tried Torchlight but just got bored - nothing wrong with the game but the storyline's wasn't compelling enough to keep me playing - D3 on the other hand...going to have to bank the hours somehow

1. Played D1 on PSone and played d2 uptill lvl 99
    2. Not bad
    3. Played all except the hunter
    4. Not bad, didnt impact gaming tho.
    5. Im a TalentTree kinda guy so this new way of customizing I dnt like.
    6. Will wait to hear from ppl who reach the lvl 60 cap on how the end-game is.

Just to let you guys know, Most if not everything isnt really random-generated. The are at the most 5 different ways the map can look and the entrances/exits are always in the same place on the map. What I did like was the Events, WoW-like achievements and the loot Kinda sad that blizz takes 15% off of RMAH transactions. $$$ i guess . The Crafting was a bit boring compared to other modern games but hopefully that gets better end-game as with all Blizz games.

That is my opinion so plz dnt rage at me BlizzFanBoys :P

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeo View Post
    1. Played D1 on PSone and played d2 uptill lvl 99
    2. Not bad
    3. Played all except the hunter
    4. Not bad, didnt impact gaming tho.
    5. Im a TalentTree kinda guy so this new way of customizing I dnt like.
    6. Will wait to hear from ppl who reach the lvl 60 cap on how the end-game is.

Just to let you guys know, Most if not everything isnt really random-generated. The are at the most 5 different ways the map can look and the entrances/exits are always in the same place on the map. What I did like was the Events, WoW-like achievements and the loot Kinda sad that blizz takes 15% off of RMAH transactions. $$$ i guess . The Crafting was a bit boring compared to other modern games but hopefully that gets better end-game as with all Blizz games.

That is my opinion so plz dnt rage at me BlizzFanBoys :P
    its everybodys opion lol i am a big fan boy something i do like its the new skilltree cuz i roled a assissin till act 2 of hell but then i found out my build was to crappy to go on and that ruind it for me ,but I dont like this online all the time thing but this is where gaming is going to stop hacks

Quote Originally Posted by dtba View Post
    its everybodys opion lol i am a big fan boy something i do like its the new skilltree cuz i roled a assissin till act 2 of hell but then i found out my build was to crappy to go on and that ruind it for me ,but I dont like this online all the time thing but this is where gaming is going to stop hacks
    Jeepers pal, this is the internet not mixt

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanTech View Post
    Jeepers pal, this is the internet not mixt
    So funny. And to think he's classified as being literate.
    Soos 'n choppie op die vuur.

I am sorry haha I am afrikaanse boerseun so yea english not the best

I am sorry haha I am afrikaanse boerseun so yea english not the best
    boerseun engels we can forgive you for

mxit language - uh uh!

sorry I must stop typing like that

sorry I must stop typing like that