Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Some tips to improve WoW Latency Usa/Euro

Default Some tips to improve WoW Latency Usa/Euro

Hi guys,

Tried this last night and it made a mjaor increase in performance in latency terms.

All information from WoW Euro/American Tech forums.

1. If you have not done so(Europe Clients) Download the " Official Registry change to disable patching while playing" from official Tech forums from WoW Euro ( www.wow-europe.com ) I cannot login WoW Euro at moment will update once i got link. American Clients can do the same(from USA site!) or they should have an option already to disable this.

Both Euro and USA gain a massive improvement with following

2. Open your My Network Places(View network connections) or Control Panel ---> Network Connections. Right click your primary Network Card and click properties --- > Configure then advanced tab on top.

Checksum Offload (RX or TX for some users) = Disabled

Speed/Duplex Settings or Speed = Force 100 Full Duplex (On older machines you may need to use Force 10 Full Duplex)

Optimize For = Throughput

Save or Click ok, your PC may wanna restart or your Network connection may reset.

I got a 250ms decrease in latency over Nukecap with these settings, they do help =)

Hope this helps you lot

hey this has helped abit, n1!!!
    looks playable, will report!!!!!

EDIT: oms this worked wonders, knocked off like 1500ms....
    running at 900-1200 which is WAY better
    Last edited by Forsyt; 01-05-2006 at 07:09 PM.

In the step 2 where you configure your Network connection, I don't see the "Checksum Offload (RX or TX for some users) = Disabled" option, does this matter? I did change the other two though.

*Edit,

Oh, and btw, can you please post a direct link to the registry change? I cannot find it.

Sorry, I tried searching via google to no avial
    Last edited by scars; 01-05-2006 at 09:32 PM.

Hey there,

The registry fix is in official Europe Technical Forums, i will post link once i can login site (seems down at moment)

I will check Checksum offload (This is a big culprit) However if your on a Wireless Network, i dont think it has this (Mine did not on my laptop, but pc it did) I will check for you once it loads

Thanks, I did check on the US website and apparently you can just disable it via the "Background download". (File ~ Preferences ~ And uncheck the "Enable background Downloading"). I'd still rather get the registry edit just to make sure ;]

Oh, and btw, I'm not on a wireless network, I'm connected into a router

Here's a screenshot of the advanced panel, http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/4732/network0ix.png
    Last edited by scars; 01-05-2006 at 09:59 PM.

Disable any option labeled Checksum Offload (RX and TX) or Hardware Checksumming
    Set the option called Connection Type, Speed and Duplex Settings or Media Type to Force 100 Full Duplex
    (the exact wording of this option may vary)
    Note: You may need to select Force 10 Full Duplex for an older network.

Set the Optimize for option to Throughput

Click OK

Note: This may cause your Connection to disconnect temporarily: Restarting the computer will usually resolve this.
    If you are still disconnected, readjust the Connection Type settings.

Official response from WoW Tech Forums

The Reg fix it seems is only for Euro WoW

Oh I should've posted that too, I play on the EU servers, just went to the US website because the EU was down. Sorry about that..

Talking This speeds up your WoW play a lot!

If your having any performance issues with a system that should be running World of Warcraft much better than it is, here is your answer.

I have looked all over for a reason why patch 3.1 was making my computer run like "S" when I came accost this old post. It is dated 2006 but I just used it (May, 2009) and I feel like I just built a new computer and did a fresh windows and wow install. I get a consistent 15 fps in Dalaran instead of 5-10 fps that jump and sometimes freeze for a second or 2. In raids I rock 30-60 fps 10/25 man content. It works and is easy to do.

I also killed my SLI. The game runs awesome with just the NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX I have running solo. From what I have found (read and experienced) SLI doesn't really do much in WoW. You dont need to go get the 2 best cards you can or 2 lesser ones. Get the one that fits your budget and enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Helon View Post
    If your having any performance issues with a system that should be running World of Warcraft much better than it is, here is your answer.

I have looked all over for a reason why patch 3.1 was making my computer run like "S" when I came accost this old post. It is dated 2006 but I just used it (May, 2009) and I feel like I just built a new computer and did a fresh windows and wow install. I get a consistent 15 fps in Dalaran instead of 5-10 fps that jump and sometimes freeze for a second or 2. In raids I rock 30-60 fps 10/25 man content. It works and is easy to do.

I also killed my SLI. The game runs awesome with just the NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX I have running solo. From what I have found (read and experienced) SLI doesn't really do much in WoW. You dont need to go get the 2 best cards you can or 2 lesser ones. Get the one that fits your budget and enjoy the game.
    RAS... seems like even the spam bots can't link correctly these days

Super Grandmaster

lol this probaly dont work vodafone modem
    Clevo P150HM ,I7 2720QM , 1080P 95% gamut display , 8GB 1333mhz ,Blueray rom ,750gb 7200RPM ,GTX 485M
    PC: fx8350, 4GB HYPERX , R9280x WF3

I find adding your realm's IP address to your lmhosts file works when you cant connect/login. It doesn't do much to the latency though
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    And then there will be zero players!! DOOMED!!!!
    IQ-Test

I have a Intel Q45 motherboard and the network card it has well has tons of more features that I'm sure one can fine tune much better. Maybe some1 can help?

Talk about bringing a post back from the grave...