Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Thread: Should prisoners be afforded Halaal/Kosher food?

If you start denying prisoners rights you're effectively denying them their humanity. If you want to treat people like animals you can't expect them to behave as anything but when they return to society.
    A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

-Calvin

They should just give them vegetables! That's halaal??

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    They have the right to lick my chocolate salty balls. A prisoner shouldn't HAVE any rights. That's why they're removed from society in the first place.
    Well you can kick and scream all you want, prisoners still have rights. Their right to live a normal life outside has ALREADY been taken away as punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekstasis View Post
    Well you can kick and scream all you want, prisoners still have rights. Their right to live a normal life outside has ALREADY been taken away as punishment.
    I wish chain gangs were back in vogue.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by JoseP View Post
    They should just give them vegetables! That's halaal??
    True that is halaal, but constitutionaly im sure they can claim discrimination if other prisoners get meat, and halaal meat can be obtained for them.

Unfortunatley as Ekstasis said prisoners have rights
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

So the prisons service will have to have a separate kosher, halal and general kitchens with the necessary trained staff all paid for by those whose rights were abused in the first place! ****ed over a second or third time!
    It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
    -- Robert Green Ingersoll

What about the Rasta's!
    Are they allowed dreads, ganja?

Prisoners should have minimal rights. The right to vote should not be one of them.
    They should eat what they are given - no "I don't eat that on religious grounds" b.s.

Bring back hard labour - let them do some good while doing their time, e.g. fix our roads or pick up garbage. There's a lot of "good" they can do, besides sitting around getting free electricity, water and food on my tax money.

They have rights. If the dude wants kosher food or whatever then let him have it. It isn't like it is a massive inconvenience for the system.

No point in uneccessarily depriving others of their rights.
    Delta Motor Corporation of South Africa Opel Monza 160i GSi Car of the Year 1991
    Historical Significance

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmik View Post
    Prisoners can have halaal/kosher meals.

Bread and pap is both of those things
    And that in my opinion is the answer, if there happens to already in place halal, i.e. as in catering company and does halal, then they just happen to be in luck, but if not then they can have bread and pap.
    which btw I think they deserve if are guilty irrespective of there being a halal alternative or not.
    Last edited by Mineer; 23-04-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick333 View Post
    If you start denying prisoners rights you're effectively denying them their humanity. If you want to treat people like animals you can't expect them to behave as anything but when they return to society.
    Problem is, they were removed from society for behaving that way in the first place.
    a2

#Trendingsucks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mineer View Post
    And that in my opinion is the answer, if there happens to already in place halal, i.e. as in catering company and does halal, then they just happen to be in luck, but if not then they can have bread and pap.
    which btw I think they deserve if are guilty irrespective of there being a halal alternative or not.
    But But Pastafarians can't eat halaal!
    a2

#Trendingsucks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmik View Post
    Prisoners can have halaal/kosher meals.

Bread and pap is both of those things
    let them all have pap and water and we will see how the prison population shrinks due to the prospect of having pap and water for 10 years.

They will never bring back the "death sentence" but at least we will have the "pap sentence"
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFig View Post
    Well, well, well....

I am sooooo pissed off I could punch a dolphin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick333 View Post
    People seem to have this strange fantasy that the worse we treat criminals, the better off society will be.

Then they are surprised when this doesn't work.
    glorp

Quote Originally Posted by alloytoo View Post
    But But Pastafarians can't eat halaal!

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    People seem to have this strange fantasy that the worse we treat criminals, the better off society will be.

Then they are surprised when this doesn't work.
    I'm all for their basic rights but I think we should get hard labour from them while they do time. Sitting idle seems to allow them time for thinking of breakouts and further crimes.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast