Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should prisoners be afforded Halaal/Kosher food?

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by daveza View Post
    Does this opinion differ from let's call it muslim law ?
    By what do you mean Differ?
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Super Grandmaster

How different is his personal opinion from muslim dogma.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrica View Post
    they (criminals ) are just trying to make a living .

How different is his personal opinion from muslim dogma.
    As a muslim if you in a ituation where you have no halaal meat but there are alternatives (fish and veg) you are fine no islamic reason to insist on halaal meat, request sure but not insist thats harbouring on pride , so you avoid the meat stick to fish and vegies - its jail so no ways theres alcohol. So his opinion (and speaking now i guess mine) would be corect

however I do know that some prisons (here in south africa) have made halaal food available but at no cost to them, my buddy used to volunteer at a muslim organisation that would supply halaal meals for prisoners he volunteered at the holding facility for illegals being deported, but they did have a program for regular prisoners - though i dont know if its still done.
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Why does a fish not have to be certified halaal whilst a chicken does? Is it because you can't really kill a fish in a specific way and thus the terms and conditions were built around that fact?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    As a muslim if you in a ituation where you have no halaal meat but there are alternatives (fish and veg) you are fine no islamic reason to insist on halaal meat, request sure but not insist thats harbouring on pride , so you avoid the meat stick to fish and vegies - its jail so no ways theres alcohol. So his opinion (and speaking now i guess mine) would be correct
    Fair enough.

If the islamic laws are ' relaxed ' in prison then why can they not be as relaxed outside of prison ?

For eg - there is no one checking the prison kitchens as to whether fish and veggies have been prepared in utensils that may have been used for pork - so as a non muslim I see it as an acceptance that this is not really as important as it is made out to be ?
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrica View Post
    they (criminals ) are just trying to make a living .

Fair enough.

If the islamic laws are ' relaxed ' in prison then why can they not be as relaxed outside of prison ?

For eg - there is no one checking the prison kitchens as to whether fish and veggies have been prepared in utensils that may have been used for pork - so as a non muslim I see it as an acceptance that this is not really as important as it is made out to be ?
    ah I see... sorry for the mistake on my part, you are correct there and you have raised valid points and it never even crossed my mind that the utensils used could be used for pork, an assumption from my end was utensils for fish used for fish and veg for veg, ect

will forward this question further to more learned persons
    Last edited by Mineer; 25-04-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    “We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.”― Nelson Mandela[/URL]

Fair enough.

Damn forgot about that one, no not relaxed same rule, made the same mistake as mineer forgot about the kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Mineer View Post
    ah I see... sorry for the mistake on my part, you are correct there and you have raised valid points and it never even crossed my mind that the utensils used could be used for pork, an assumption from my end was utensils for fish used for fish and veg for veg, ect

will forward this question further to more learned persons
    Will have to do the same

Quran 2:173
    “He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of God. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For God is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.”
    So if no alternative exist then there is no blame on the inmate.
    “We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.”― Nelson Mandela[/URL]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234