Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Diablo III Beta

Default Diablo III Beta

Hi all,

Who else got stuck into the D3 Beta this past weekend? A mate and I started playing at about 22:00, and after a few issues connecting to an available server and trying to add each other as friends we got it up and running. Before we knew it, it was 03:30 and we were finished.

What a cracker D3 is going to be!

I had issues connecting but came right in the end.

I'm glad they opened the Beta up like this, got to see how good/bad the lag would be and if my PC could support the graphics.

The lag was fine (sp mode) had one spike the entire time I played, its interesting to note that my GPU is way under spec but the game was able to step down the fx enough to make it playable. It looked pretty **** but was smooth and fluid.

So obviously an upgrade is in order but that was on the cards anyway.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

I don't think you should read into the latency during the beta too much since it was on US servers and not EU. If you could handle though, even better.
    Jamtrax - D3
    'If I don't remember it, it never happened!'

I managed to beat the beta , took me around 4.5 hours or so but i left no barrel, stump , pot ,corpse unturned and no corner unexplored. The connectivity issues were frustrating and the limited gameplay sucked but thats all to be expected from a beta test , the game runs good and the gameplay/lore seems to be great so far , i think this is going to be a cracker!, counting the days to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    I had issues connecting but came right in the end.

I'm glad they opened the Beta up like this, got to see how good/bad the lag would be and if my PC could support the graphics.

The lag was fine (sp mode) had one spike the entire time I played, its interesting to note that my GPU is way under spec but the game was able to step down the fx enough to make it playable. It looked pretty **** but was smooth and fluid.

So obviously an upgrade is in order but that was on the cards anyway.
    I was almost the exact opposite. When I started playing (when it was still in the limited numbers) my latency was up near 800ms avg. Made it really hard to play!! Something changed in the last month and suddenly I was down to ~300ms

Sadly I didn't get to check this weekend as I had an unscheduled format The client finished downloading at 9:30pm last night and I wasn't able to log on, so gave up the ghost.
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

Blog Entries

well after the first stint with Agent_Smith I rolled a monk last night

gees that was fun! So much better than the Wizard imo

The connection on Friday night was quite dodgy at times with all the people loggin on. the ping was around 400ms most of the time, and had some serious lag spikes. Still playable though considering its on the US server. Like AS said we only managed to get on around 22h00 but then after that it was tickets.. lol and we had to be up at like 05h00 to join some other mates to go off the the airshow!!!

Last night the connection was a different story though. I logged in first time no issues, and off I went on my monk. I played for about 2 hours solid and I would say 90% of the time I didnt realise that I was playing an online game. Latency was average 330ms and I think I had ONE lag spike... Freakin blilliant!

Think we can still play tonight as the beta server close at 7pm US time???
    the new rules for love, sex & dating ----> click here

We don't have any real problems with starcraft 2.So I didn't think we will have any with Diablo 3 when it comes to battle.net and latency.I didn't download the beta, i'd rather just wait for the full game because when I start playing I don't want to stop.

I haven't heard anyone who has played the beta saying something bad about the game it self.Am so happy about it, because the last thing we need after waiting so many years for Diablo 3 is another Duke Nukem forever

Blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    One leaves the internet alone for just a couple of hours and someone gets but raped...

Quote Originally Posted by PhreeMe View Post
    I was almost the exact opposite. When I started playing (when it was still in the limited numbers) my latency was up near 800ms avg. Made it really hard to play!! Something changed in the last month and suddenly I was down to ~300ms

Sadly I didn't get to check this weekend as I had an unscheduled format The client finished downloading at 9:30pm last night and I wasn't able to log on, so gave up the ghost.
    but you mos have "special" access

the once I tried to log in this weekend, the servers were full so didn't try again.

maybe give it another go this week some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    but you mos have "special" access

the once I tried to log in this weekend, the servers were full so didn't try again.

maybe give it another go this week some time.
    As far as I kn ow the Beta is now closed, much like they did with BF3. We now have to wait for the full release before being able to play again. I might be wrong so please check other posts for more information. I also opted not to participate in this weekends open Beta - would rather wait for the full game to be launched -0 only 3 weeks left or something

Quote Originally Posted by Isch View Post
    As far as I kn ow the Beta is now closed, much like they did with BF3. We now have to wait for the full release before being able to play again. I might be wrong so please check other posts for more information. I also opted not to participate in this weekends open Beta - would rather wait for the full game to be launched -0 only 3 weeks left or something
    Yeah you're dead right. The beta testing phase ends today at whatever US time...

That's just the open beta though... Those that had access to the beta prior to the weekend (thanks OTC ) will have access until 1st May, when the beta really ends
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

^

what (s)he said