Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ivy Bridge is here but if you have a Sandy Bridge system the upgrade isn't worth it

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

For gaming, the i5 3750k is the better processor, because it can also be overclocked further.
    The i5 CPU performs better at the same clock speed than the i7 in games, due to no HyperThreading "overhead".

If you're doing lots of multi-threaded computational work, then the i7 3770k would be worth it.

3570K it is then. Thx guys

Now Esquire is saying it might be a few weeks till they land here. Ouch

Heretic. That is not good news there bud Don't go scaring me now. I see in the bios page on their website that it lists a beta bios with better support for Sandy CPU's. Maybe that is the issue?

I want to get a Asus Maximus 4 Gene-z board (its a Z68) but with the new Z77 chipset out now, would it be worth it to wait for the next iteration of this same board?

I am building a new PC box and the colour scheme fits in nicely <- the reason I want it

Still rocking at i5-760 @ 2.8GHz on a Asus P7P55D-E LX here, don't see a reason to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Samayanaya View Post
    I want to get a Asus Maximus 4 Gene-z board (its a Z68) but with the new Z77 chipset out now, would it be worth it to wait for the next iteration of this same board?

I am building a new PC box and the colour scheme fits in nicely <- the reason I want it
    Very little difference between z77 and z68 but I would wait till the new z77 maximus genes are released.

Just make sure you really want a mATX board. I currently have one and would never go for one again. Too cramped.

Msi Z77A........oc genie 3 freaking rocks for simple overclocking at the push of a button.

I have rma'd 2 msi boards recently, not touching them for a while now.

Why are the asus Z77 boards so hard to get hold of here in SA?

Blog Entries

wootware also has them
    i7 3770k 4.6GHz|Custom WC loop|z77 V Gene|8GB|MSI GTX 670 Power Edition OC|160GB X25M-G2|4.5TB|QNIX @ 120Hz

Already sent them an email

They say suppliers only releasing on Monday so might as well wait for Rectron/Pinnacle to get them

Quote Originally Posted by Samayanaya View Post

Just be carefull with big air coolers.And if you planning on going multi gpu I suggest you rather go full atx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    One leaves the internet alone for just a couple of hours and someone gets but raped...

Re: Upgrading Z68, P67, H67 to IvyB CPU. As pointed above wait for BIOS to be released. According to Intel presentation this platform require MEBL component and upgrade is subject to the free space on the Flash ROM.

If you have Sandy Bridge your next upgrade point should be Haswell, with its new micro-architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by nelis View Post
    If you a gamer rather upgrade your graphics card if you have sandy bridge. I can still play most games on full graphics and if I get a gtx 680 I will be able to run every game at full again
    If you're only getting one GTX 680 then don't waste your money, your 570 SLI that you have now will outperform a GTX 680, if you want an extra performance boost add in a third GTX 570. But if you're going for a GTX 680 SLI setup then that would be the better option.

I have an i7 920 / x58 combo with a 6950 - I mostly develop (often through several VMs) and play games. Is it worth the upgrade to IB?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast