Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: We have SO much to be thankful for !

Default We have SO much to be thankful for !

I am referring to material possessions, food, a roof over our head, etc.

It just struck me today how fortunate we are. I had some hot cross buns (without the halaal sign lol!) and I shared them with my daughter's nanny and with the domestic worker and they were so thankful. The two of them sat together, happily chatting away and enjoying tea and the hot cross buns, and I realised that what I take for granted is a huge treat for them.

That is good, but your treasures shouldn't be just in material needs and satisfaction...
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: Does your ISP unshaped speedtest ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pr⊕phet View Post
    That is good, but your treasures shouldn't be just in material needs and satisfaction...
    It isn't, but it just struck me that on a basic physical level we are fortunate compared to others, especially with winter coming on.

I'm poor where's my hotcross bun mother****ers

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    It isn't, but it just struck me that on a basic physical level we are fortunate compared to others, especially with winter coming on.
    True, I was bit overly apathetic
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: Does your ISP unshaped speedtest ?!

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    I am referring to material possessions, food, a roof over our head, etc.

It just struck me today how fortunate we are. I had some hot cross buns (without the halaal sign lol!) and I shared them with my daughter's nanny and with the domestic worker and they were so thankful. The two of them sat together, happily chatting away and enjoying tea and the hot cross buns, and I realised that what I take for granted is a huge treat for them.
    Give them the MyBB shirt that you were not so grateful for, I'm sure they'll be "SO much more thankful."

If you don't understand the argument well enough that you could switch sides and represent the other team, stop arguing.