Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPA & Cash Convertors, need some advice

I would just cut my losses and call it a day.

But if you still want to pursue the problem, have you spoken with the store owner.

I am sure the head office would provide you with the owners contact details.

Quote Originally Posted by sal12344 View Post
    I dont disagree with you, however this dude is obviously not interested in anything but. And you would be suprised how well harrassment litigation works especially for such small sums.
    You would also be surprised how much of a fsck Cash Convertors won't give... they'll tell him to take his refund or to piss off basically, and they would be completely within their rights to do so.

Super Grandmaster

Take your money and get an aeropress

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

They offered you a full refund. You have absolutely no recourse as there is no way for you to prove your case unless you want to go through the expense of having the machine checked by a professional of your choice and hiring him to write up a report to take with you to court.

You really should have left the store with your receipt and your coffee machine that they claimed couldn't be fixed. If its just leaking water then you could surely fix it yourself. R399 for a coffee machine is rather on the cheap side...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

go in, get you coffee machine back, send your mate in buy the working one for R999, send him back in with your broken one and let him get the refund of R999
    WA my new favorite ISP

It sounds like either:

1) It cost them ~R500 to fix the other two machines, hence the price increase
    2) They sent the three to be repaired, only two could be repaired, and he was given the unfixable one ( even if it was not the one he bought ), so they cannot sell that one, meaning that they have worked the price of his one into the other two.

I am leaning toward 2), but 1) is absolutely possible.
    Seeking...

Quote Originally Posted by bboy View Post
    go in, get you coffee machine back, send your mate in buy the working one for R999, send him back in with your broken one and let him get the refund of R999
    ****ing genius!!! I love it! Please do this OP and update us.

Lol, if it doesn't work they're out another R999.

OP keep in mind that they would only be required to exchange for the item in a similar condition as they are selling second hand goods. You cannot force them to upgrade you, that is what you want.

Also CPA goes only so far and you are buying an item that is used - any reasonable person would accept that the item will not perform as good as a new item and this is where Cash Convertors has a foot to stand on with you. CPA protects you when the R2000 product performs like a R10 product, not when the R10 item fails to perform like a R2000 product.

So take your cash, that is really the only option you have left.

(*I use to work for Cash Converters 11yrs ago and asked my old store how the CPA was effecting their business)
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12