Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

View Poll Results: Which one are you going to use?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • DropBox

34 60.71%
  • SkyDrive

3 5.36%
  • Google Drive

15 26.79%
  • Box.Net

0 0%
  • iCloud

2 3.57%
  • Other (please specify in post)

2 3.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Thread: Dropbox is still the one for me

Your poll doesn't allow for more than one

I have dropbox & skydrive and will add Gdrive when they fulfil my request.

With the impending 1MB uncapped It's a great way of implementing offsite backups
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

Only problem with dropbox for me is their lack of subscription offers, 50GB is too much and too pricey and the 2GB free is too little.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Default Skydrive vs Google Drive

I currently run both the Skydrive and Google Drive on my Windows machine to test and compare.

Here are some of what I found so far concerning my setup.

Skydrive pros&cons:

+ 25GB free storage.
    + Share files to with anyone. No need to have them sign in.
    + Only uses about 5MB RAM on my PC.
    - No official Android support.

Google Drive pros&cons:

+ Integrates with my google account.
    + Good Android support.
    - Can only share files with people with google accounts.
    - Uses 27MB RAM on my PC.
    - Only 5GB free storage.

Which one are you going to use? Both, mostly Google Drive because it integrates into gmail and I already had a bunch of files in Google Docs...

I will use Skydrive mostly for sharing files and perhaps for backing up photos etc.
    I will use Google Drive on a daily bases for documents like bills etc.
    Last edited by Park@82; 25-04-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

Skydrive sucks, Dropbox is the best. I have 12.5 gigs free on Dropbox. The only issue now is that I want to back up about 40 gigs of photos. So the 50GB dropbox will be inaquate in future and its expensive ( 4 times more than Google Drive). I think for now I'm going to use GDrive for photo backups and continue using Dropbox for everyday files etc. Dropbox is slick and polished. I feel bad for them now, being dominated by such a huge corporation.

How the hell do all you guys get so much free space on dropbox? I only have 2.5GB free on dropbox!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by snail View Post
    How the hell do all you guys get so much free space on dropbox? I only have 2.5GB free on dropbox!
    Referrals and various other offers that come along from time to time

PM me a referral?

Been using SkyDrive for ages and it's great. I use it to sync all my dev work between my pc's and it works effortlessly. I don't have an Android device - so I don't see a single way that the competitors are better.

WRT an Android app, the API's are totally open (the official apps use these) so I would say give it a month before there is one available for Android (non-official).
    Last edited by roguemat; 02-05-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    My Site: http://blog.roguecode.co.za
    I make awesome Windows Phone apps for awesome companies, also, Plex.

Quote Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
    WRT an Android app, the API's are totally open (the official apps use these) so I would say give it a month before there is one available for Android (non-official).
    We already have some non official apps, but the one I've tried sucked (add supported) + I don't like entering my Hotmail account details into some guy's app.
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

You can get up to 3gb (5gb if you signed up for the camera upload beta) just by uploading photos. Between that, referrals, and doing a few things they recommend on the site I'm a hair below 10gb for Dropbox.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

what's the catch with this one:
    http://www.adrive.com/plans

50gb free?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Friedpet View Post
    what's the catch with this one:
    http://www.adrive.com/plans

50gb free?
    You can only get the Windows/Linux/Mobile clients if you pay for storage so the 50 Gig is basically useless.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Sugarsync. Lets me sync multiple arbitrary folders, rather than one central folder that I have to remember to put stuff into. And I get more initial space, and more for each referral.

I have 25GB with Skydrive, have a couple gigs with Dropbox, have a Google Drive but it drives (haha) me nuts that they want to dump hyperlinks to all my online docs in there. Delete the hyperlink and you delete the doc. So...Sugarsync ftw.

@aqua_lung... not being funny here, but does it really matter that their smallest package is 50Gb? At only $10 per month, its not like its costing alot?

Our university is using Windows Live Mail for all our addresses now and that comes with SkyDrive, so I'm gonna be using that.
    enoki.co.za
    In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast