Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: DIY Home alarm system(s)

Question DIY Home alarm system(s)

Advice needed on DIY systems. Best places to buy from, good prices etc.
    Sure, there are previous posts about this, but they seem a little dated.

I'm looking for an easy to install system with 3 - 4 PIR's, some door/window guards, modular. Reasonably priced!
    From what i've seen wireless is the way to go.

websites ?
    shops ?

The Yale security shops are pretty good to go look at and find what you want or similar.

However I would check around for pricing before buying as they are not that cheap.

I bought a paradox system from www.s4s.co.za
    Excellent service from them always. The paradox system does cost a bit more though and I went for the USB attachment too where you can just connect it up to your pc and program it from there. You can program it without a pc but it involves going through lots of menus on the keypad or looking in the book and typing in codes.

Quote Originally Posted by rorz0r View Post
    I bought a paradox system from www.s4s.co.za
    Excellent service from them always. The paradox system does cost a bit more though and I went for the USB attachment too where you can just connect it up to your pc and program it from there. You can program it without a pc but it involves going through lots of menus on the keypad or looking in the book and typing in codes.
    Thx, will take a squiz

I will be buying stuff from s4s soon enough probably.. going to redo the entire alarm in my house.... gonna go wireless I think, even though it costs more.

The other shop to look at is : http://www.thediyshop.co.za/ they also sell paradox stuff and have some decent prices.
    Last edited by ToxicBunny; 25-04-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Not kidding about the prices!
    Mhhh Vertical Curtain Beam?

bookmarked for later, thx