Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Need an OCZ Vertex 3 120GB in Durban, today!

Default Need an OCZ Vertex 3 120GB in Durban, today!

Hi, like the title says, quite badly need an OCZ Vertex 3 120GB today, as my OS drive failed last night, been wanting to get an SSD anyway - but I need to get my studio rig up and running ASAP.

Have phoned Esquire, they don't have any in stock.

Any offers?

what ... no stock! grrrrrr what about their other range?
    i7 2600K @3.8 | GA Z68P-DS3 | OCZ Vertex 4 256gb SSD | 16gb HyperX Red | GTX670 Windforce | Antec H2O 920 | CM 600W Silent Pro M | CM HAF 922 | 27" IPS WQHD

Try the agility if you cant get the vertex. Really a minuscule difference in performance. I got one and i actually load faster that a friend with the agility. but then again i got the 120 and he has a 60. bleh.

Well, Esquire have stock in JHB, not Durban.

Perhaps I should consider other brand options.

Ended up waiting, got a Vertex 4 128GB.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nihilist View Post
    Ended up waiting, got a Vertex 4 128GB.
    Be sure to update to the latest firmware released (v1.4), i read alot of significant improvements wrt speed aswell . Good choice btw.

Guru3D revisit & more details here

Haha yeah I saw that last night actually. I'll update when I get a chane, after doing a clonezilla image of my drive. Fortunately I keep my windows profile on my regular HDD (soon to be RAID mirror) using an NTFS junction.

The speed as it is now is amazing though.

I have an Intel 80gb SSD in my laptop, 200MB/s read, 75MB/s write and I must say the difference in general use is not that profound, I've benched my Vert4 at up to 530MB/s read, 200MB/s write - but I think the main factor in an SSD is that low latency and parallel read+writes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Be sure to update to the latest firmware released (v1.4), i read alot of significant improvements wrt speed aswell . Good choice btw.

Guru3D revisit & more details here