Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 is now available

Typing this from Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit edition (running as live CD). Trying to get a hang of this menu setup Used Ktorrent from my Debian install. Came down at 400KB/s.

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler View Post
    Typing this from Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit edition (running as live CD). Trying to get a hang of this menu setup Used Ktorrent from my Debian install. Came down at 400KB/s.
    No man! Live CD is not much of an indication of how smooth/speedy it is.

Install it & give some feedback.

Ran the upgrade without thinking late last night when I got the notification it was available. Was pleasantly surprised it completed with no problems. Also pleasantly surprised at how fast 12.04 is. And thrilled the graphics driver finally supports GPU acceleration for WebGL in Chrome.

Really hope there's better support for Ati graphic cards.

I know it's not a Linux problem, more like an AMD lazy-ass problem, but still hoping the devs can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Still no Kubuntu on the local mirrors I looked at. Downloaded Ubuntu by mistake off WA this morning, so I'll check it out in a Vbox.

Will get it off kubuntu.org if it's still not available locally tonight.

Finally took the plunge and installed it on a second hand harddrive in my Dell Latitude laptop and I must say I'm quite impressed. I immediately noted the decimal comma which I immediately changed back to decimal point. I can't get used to decimal commas. I also enabled the root password (I don't like sudo... everything).
    Last edited by dabbler; 27-04-2012 at 05:03 PM.

The only issue I'm having is setting the brightness on my laptop - seems not to work each time I boot up. Besides that, Unity has been working nearly perfectly. Very happy with it.
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Downloading it now on my 8ta 10GB night owl.....

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Downloading it now on my 8ta 10GB night owl.....
    I was thinking of writing a few Ubuntu 12.04 LTS cd's, use my color printer to print a Ubuntu logo on them directly and mailing them to anyone that wants a copy. The plan would be to write 10 cd's and mail it using regular post to minimize costs. If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please reply. Also, this could expand into a day when interested my broadband users could have a day at a shopping mall or somewhere similar where we could hand out free Linux disks and other free software.

Waiting for the start of a new month for more cap

Hoping for more stability - 11.10 is giving me endless problems...

Issues I'm having with Kubuntu 12.04 (64-bit):
    wget's window is not showing (irritating if you're wanting to know how the download is going);
    can't get it to download the required firmware to my printer (HP-1020). The irony is, if I boot into Kubuntu 11.10 (32-bit), the firmware is downloaded, and if I then reboot into 12.04, without switching the printer off, I can print from it

I've also been fighting with plymouth, to get a decent bootup splash screen to show, but I think I've sorted that out on 12.04, but that's messed up the splash screen on 11.10.

Anyone downloaded different versions Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, 32/64 bit, desktop/alternate iso images? Would like to give them all a spin in a VM before picking one/two for the desktop and laptop.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    I have to figure out what's bugging my Wireless connection first.
    Running 12.04 beta, but my wireless is dropping every 10sec...
    Other than that I'm quite excited about it
    would this help

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ave View Post
    would this help
    I will certainly take a look at that as soon as time allows. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ave View Post
    would this help

None of those work for me - it's for Ubuntu, I'm running Kubuntu and as such half of those are different. I checked in /etc/modprobe.d/ and I don't see anything pertaining to a wireless connection for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast