Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: LOTRO is now free. Whos playing?

Question LOTRO is now free. Whos playing?

Lord of the ring online is now free to play. How many from SA do you suppose are playing?

When I google "lotro sa guild" a very old thread pops up:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/archive/...p/t-74953.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Lord of the ring online is now free to play. How many from SA do you suppose are playing?

When I google "lotro sa guild" a very old thread pops up:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/archive/...p/t-74953.html
    I started playing and have a 24 level rune master but I find it very boring, its the same old MMO formula and its rather stale atm.

I would suggest getting Guild Wars 2 for this weekends open beta :P

Check out Snowbourn server. There are a couple of people from SA, not sure how many.

Regarding GoofySmurf's comment that Lord of the Rings Online is boring. Well I wouldn't trust a comment like that from someone thats only level 24. Take it from a veteran like me, LOTRO is fun and becomes even greater the futher you explore and level. A level 24 toon is still in the starting area and have no idea how huge the world is. New expansion came out last year and The Riders of Rohan expansion is coming out end of year. Far from stale and better than yes WOW.

hasn't LOTRO been free for sometime and you had to buy specific content? Or is it 100% completely free now?

Been playing for nearly two years now, still love it! Just got my 5th character to lvl 75 And Riders of Rohan expansion is coming out later this year, can't wait

(I'm on the Evernight server)

Hi there.

Been playing LOTRO since release (2007) and just got my 5 year reward This is the game that introduced me to MMO's, and even though I've taken two relatively long extended breaks in my tenure I've always come abck because of the people I met in game. I realise that this is not a stand alone quality of LOTRO's, but it was for me.

Still playing today and absolutely loving it. The only thing I can recommend to not turn you off is to just never go to the in game store :P There's really only one thing you need to buy in the store to play in game (relic removal scrolls, and that's not even a necessity if are willing to grind more), or for me atleast. That is speaking as a VIP subscriber though.

I currently play in Gilrain server, main' name is Vanric. Current end game raid is Orthanc (if you are into end game raiding) and it's awesome. Much more difficult than previous raids (imo), but worth it once you start knocking bosses down on T2+challenge.

I've only met two other South Africans on my server, one was the original Rank 8 white warg on the server but he left a few years back. And one other I never really spoke to but had heard was from Durbs. If you wanting to try things out, Gilrain is one of the smaller servers. As a poster above mentioned, your best bet would probably be Snowy as most SA players were playing on the European servers before the big merge with the US guys last year. As far as population goes, Snowbourn was usually tops with Eldar a close second of the english speaking servers.

Master

I played for almost year until they went F2P and moved the server to the US. I just couldn't get used to the major jump in ping times.

Went from 200ms odd to 350ms odd and that just put me off.