Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-tolls postponed, but ruling yet to be made

The leadership has collectively agreed to ask government to postpone the implementation of the e-toll collection system by a month. This will give the task team more time to explore alternative funding mechanisms.
    Jeezus ANC, how thick must one be to not understand that this is public money and we, the public, will have a say in how our money is spent.

With elections coming up it would do the ANC good to understand that under the democracy you struggled for, you serve us not rule us, and if our money is stolen, misspent or making undeserving people rich through tenders then we bloody well have a right to do something about it.

I recon I speak for most people in saying that we accept paying for the roads, but we're not going to willingly support some dictatorial company telling us that they're going to rape our pockets and we just bloody well will have to accept it.

Court case or not, we will not support this corruption by buying your e-tags. In fact we demand the head of Sanral, the worst decisions were made and we simply cannot have such a wasteful person in charge of the money for our roads. Everyone take up the call and demand the head of Sanral. This kind of corruption through wasteful spending can no longer be tolerated!
    Last edited by evilstebunny; 26-04-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSA View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'll change it.

What's interesting is that this is from Sapa's PR wire, not a news story. How do you you copypasta fail so epically? It just doesn't seem likely. So where did they get that original statement from?

Anyone still think COSATU aren't the real rulers of this country? What they say, goes.

The government/SANRAL had this "**** you all, accept our raping, peasants!!!" attitude (as evidenced by the many articles on MyBB yesterday and today), until COSATU put their foot down.

Now all of a sudden, it's "OK, in our infinite wisdom, and because we are so in tune with what people want, we decided to give it more time to do what we should have done years ago. Aren't we nice guys? Praise be the ANC! Progress, yo!".
    ...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.

-Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'll change it.

What's interesting is that this is from Sapa's PR wire, not a news story. How do you you copypasta fail so epically? It just doesn't seem likely. So where did they get that original statement from?
    Sometimes people just reads what they want to hear

Quote Originally Posted by BBSA View Post
    Sometimes people just reads what they want to hear
    While that is true (Wizard's First Rule), I still find it hard to believe in this case. The statements on the Sapa PR wire and on the ANC are identical except for that one line. Unless Sapa's PCs randomly change words when you CTRL+V?

In other news... this just in from Sapa:

The implementation of the e-tolling system on Gauteng's highways was postponed for a month by the transport department and SA National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral) on Thursday.
    We've decided not to post it up until we're 100% sure Sapa has it right this time.
    Last edited by Jan; 26-04-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Yeah in court David Unterhalter argued that his client could not afford to postpone the start of the system the whole country would feel the effects for years to come - now because Cosatu says postpone it - it's ok

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12