Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: 8ta new iPad users instructions - even if you have a microSIM with us

Exclamation 8ta new iPad users instructions - even if you have a microSIM with us

8tada!

The new iPad, we’ll all be together from 27 April in SA.

M8s, if you’re taking a byte out of The new iPad, remember to purchase a new microSIM card for only R1 at an iStore, take your ID and proof of residence.

Existing iPad subscribers with an 8ta microSIM card who would like to upgrade to The new iPad MUST get a new microSIM card – FREE of charge – from the iStore, take your ID and proof of residence to do the SIM swap (the old 8ta microSIMs will not work - even the ones which were cut). All balances will be transferred to the new 8ta microSIM card so that you are free to explore The new iPad all weekend.

Happy Freedom Day!
    Last edited by Telkom Mobile; 26-04-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Grandmaster
    South of the Jacarandas and north of the Jukskei

What is different from existing sims?

Quote Originally Posted by zamicro View Post
    What is different from existing sims?
    Hi zamicro!

Most of the existing SIMs and microSIMs programming is not compatible with the new iPad and we have distributed the reprogrammed microSIMs to the iStores for new iPad consumers.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

where else can 1 get the new microSim from?

I'm not near any iStores

Quote Originally Posted by PallBearer View Post
    where else can 1 get the new microSim from?

I'm not near any iStores
    Hi there

Please PM or email us with your contact number and location so we can locate the closest provider of the microSIM for you.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

I went all the way o Eastgate iStore to be kuked on by the manager there saying that 8Ta should not be sending thier customers to the iStore for MicroSIMS cause the 8Ta store dont have stock of the new ones yet.

I only got the 10Gig contract on Saturday, was given a MicroSIM card that was not compatible and went to buy one at the iStore in Eastgate, but the manager sent the one store guy with me to 8ta to say this was the VERY last one they would be giving to "other" customers.

So in the end, i hopefully got the correct MicroSIM (from iStores) and had 8Ta do the sim swap for free, but it still aint active, something about semi-complete....some kuk like that.....still not working though....NO SERVICE.

How long sould i be waiting for the sim swap to take effect?
    The wierd thing is that the sim card worked fine in a cellphone, connected to the 8TA network with 3G+ and was able to surf the net, but not on the iPad?!?

I went all the way o Eastgate iStore to be kuked on by the manager there saying that 8Ta should not be sending thier customers to the iStore for MicroSIMS cause the 8Ta store dont have stock of the new ones yet.

I only got the 10Gig contract on Saturday, was given a MicroSIM card that was not compatible and went to buy one at the iStore in Eastgate, but the manager sent the one store guy with me to 8ta to say this was the VERY last one they would be giving to "other" customers.

So in the end, i hopefully got the correct MicroSIM (from iStores) and had 8Ta do the sim swap for free, but it still aint active, something about semi-complete....some kuk like that.....still not working though....NO SERVICE.

How long sould i be waiting for the sim swap to take effect?
    The wierd thing is that the sim card worked fine in a cellphone, connected to the 8TA network with 3G+ and was able to surf the net, but not on the iPad?!?
    Hi PallBearer!

Please can you PM or email us? We would like to arrange a microSIM to be tested and sent to your closest Telkom/8ta store so this can be resolved? The SIM swaps for the new iPad users are free as per the arrangement with the iStores.

We will also have to address this matter with the iStore manager as the microSIMs were provided to them with the understanding that they would be assisting 8ta customers according to the initial post on this thread.

If the service works in a phone, then the SIM swap was successful.

We need your 8ta, contact and ID numbers so the microSIM can be arranged for you.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Hi thanks, but now it's becoming a PITA.

Was on the phone yesterday to 8ta and the guy told me that the sim swap that was done in the east gate branch was re-rica'd and this stuffed the sim up again.

I've even resorted to just trying to use the SIM card in my ADSL modem as 3G fail over and it also states that the registration failed.
    Can't even find a single 3G dongle that supports the 8ta cards!!!!!

Can't get through to any of the stores to find out if they have stock of the working MicroSim card.........I'm giving this till friday then i cancel the whole lot

Just double checked something and the new SIM is invalid in a cellphone yet the old one works and works with the 3G failover on my ADSL router? What the hell did the guys @ East Gate do? NUTTIN!!!!
    Last edited by PallBearer; 02-05-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Hi thanks, but now it's becoming a PITA.

Was on the phone yesterday to 8ta and the guy told me that the sim swap that was done in the east gate branch was re-rica'd and this stuffed the sim up again.

I've even resorted to just trying to use the SIM card in my ADSL modem as 3G fail over and it also states that the registration failed.
    Can't even find a single 3G dongle that supports the 8ta cards!!!!!

Can't get through to any of the stores to find out if they have stock of the working MicroSim card.........I'm giving this till friday then i cancel the whole lot

Just double checked something and the new SIM is invalid in a cellphone yet the old one works and works with the 3G failover on my ADSL router? What the hell did the guys @ East Gate do? NUTTIN!!!!
    Hi PallBearer!

As per our telephonic discussion - your issue is resolved.

We have also addressed the matter with the store and the iStore involved.

Thank you for your query.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Whoop whoop, all sorted. Thank you to the social 8ta team. Called and confirmed that all was working today at lunch time

Thanks for going the extra mile guys, really appreciate it!!!!!
    Now all you need to do is train the guys in the stores.

Whoop whoop, all sorted. Thank you to the social 8ta team. Called and confirmed that all was working today at lunch time

Thanks for going the extra mile guys, really appreciate it!!!!!
    Now all you need to do is train the guys in the stores.
    Don't worry... this is being addressed.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

I'm glad I 'm not alone. Besides actually receiving my iPad3 which was fraught with problems my story is similar. Stood in the ques at the Telkom Direct store for over an hour where after it took another 45 minutes to get my sim swapped to a micro.. Dashed home, not working, spent hours on the net trying to figure it out when my vodacom sim works flawlessly.. Eventually found out I need to register the sim before it would work, no luck via the ipad portal. Spoke to 8ta helpdesk they told me to go back to the store. Stood inline again for over an hour and then hung on the phone for 40 minutes to support whilst in the shop to register the sim. I was told all was well, I can go home and try. No luck.
    Phoned support again, oh, please go back to the store, and re swap your sim for a normal one which they will cut up.. Oh really??. Went back to the store where the assistant was once again stumped and not understanding why you would take a normal sim and cut it if she already had pre-cut micro sims at hand. Oh no, that won't work I was told by support this time, iPad3 needs a special sim, please go to an istore 35km away.. That was me stripped my moerr.. Now apparently one will get delivered to me.. Oh well, we shall see about that....

Quote Originally Posted by tumad View Post
    I'm glad I 'm not alone. Besides actually receiving my iPad3 which was fraught with problems my story is similar. Stood in the ques at the Telkom Direct store for over an hour where after it took another 45 minutes to get my sim swapped to a micro.. Dashed home, not working, spent hours on the net trying to figure it out when my vodacom sim works flawlessly.. Eventually found out I need to register the sim before it would work, no luck via the ipad portal. Spoke to 8ta helpdesk they told me to go back to the store. Stood inline again for over an hour and then hung on the phone for 40 minutes to support whilst in the shop to register the sim. I was told all was well, I can go home and try. No luck.
    Phoned support again, oh, please go back to the store, and re swap your sim for a normal one which they will cut up.. Oh really??. Went back to the store where the assistant was once again stumped and not understanding why you would take a normal sim and cut it if she already had pre-cut micro sims at hand. Oh no, that won't work I was told by support this time, iPad3 needs a special sim, please go to an istore 35km away.. That was me stripped my moerr.. Now apparently one will get delivered to me.. Oh well, we shall see about that....
    Hi tumad!

The information in the OP was distributed to the call centres, Telkom Direct stores and iStores.

Please can you send us more information regarding which stores you went to and individuals you have spoken to? You may PM us the number you called the helpdesk from so we can get the call recordings and take the necessary action.

Please also let us know who promised to have you microSIM delivered to you so we can follow up and check the progress for you?

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Super Grandmaster

Got a iPad

Now want to get the sim, where would be the easiest place, an 8ta store or a iStore?

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    Now want to get the sim, where would be the easiest place, an 8ta store or a iStore?
    Trick question?

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast