Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you check

Quote Originally Posted by fonoi View Post
    If the invoice says the correct amount and he was only charged R600, I would just charge his card the next time he was in, no matter what he says.

He can take me to court if he wants to...
    This especially if he signed the invoice - the OP did say he works for a supplier. There all invoices are signed which to me that says the client agreed to the amount of the invoice and short payment can be shown very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Went to dinner with a bunch of friends and the one was leaving early, so she paid her share by card, it was supposed to be R60.00 but the waiter thought she said R600.00, anyway when the bill came and we were all paying, the waiter kept very quiet about it, thinking he was going to go home with a massive tip, luckily we went through all the slips
    It would be then that I would call the manager over and loudly complain about it.

I always check my slip, and I always check what the cashier/waiter/etc is punching into the machine...

Carol : As for your customer, He thought he would score R300, but little does he know, he's now burnt that business relationship and will now have cost himself much more than R300 in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Nope. I don't check. Probably should though...

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    I'll tell you vendors never check the slips they give to me because I've been signing mine "Bollocks" and not one vendor has queried it.
    lol. Leaving a string of transactions behind you that are technically not valid doesn't sound like a good plan though...
    Quote Originally Posted by hereticangel View Post
    Ok i am now the proud owner of 9 telkom shares
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanmuller View Post
    From now on you can't say anything negative about them, else your money might shrink....
    oh snap

Hardly ever check - I sometimes go to the garage and, fill up with petrol, sign the slip, and when I get home have no idea how much I signed for - could have been 1000's

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Nope. I don't check. Probably should though...

lol. Leaving a string of transactions behind you that are technically not valid doesn't sound like a good plan though...
    If you've entered your pin, there is no need for a signature.
    Silence is golden, unless you have a toddler, then it is very suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCpt View Post
    If you've entered your pin, there is no need for a signature.
    Actually, its better to sign, should your card be cloned etc, you have a better case with slips that show its not your signature. Although no-one checks signatures anyway. Our machine still requests a signature( I never check) but i guess should there ever be a dispute, it comes in handy having the signed slip!

This especially if he signed the invoice - the OP did say he works for a supplier. There all invoices are signed which to me that says the client agreed to the amount of the invoice and short payment can be shown very easily.
    ye.. you are not a retailer. So just take the money off his account so he as a negative balance.

There is no legitimate way he can claim to be in the right. Unless you actually invoiced him for the lower amount he must pay the full price.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

I actually wanted to check my slip the other day. Paid R500 for a full trolly at Woolworths... to me that can't be right. Should have been closer to a grand.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    I actually wanted to check my slip the other day. Paid R500 for a full trolly at Woolworths... to me that can't be right. Should have been closer to a grand.
    If you buy multiple items of certain products, you get discount. In fact, I must get me some of their fresh soups; R19-99 a pack but R30 for two.

And yes, especially at Woolworths, I tend to overestimate the total; purchases frequently comes out much less than what I expected.
    "The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants"-Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    ye.. you are not a retailer. So just take the money off his account so he as a negative balance.

There is no legitimate way he can claim to be in the right. Unless you actually invoiced him for the lower amount he must pay the full price.
    Sadly, his company is a COD concern so I have to wait until he comes in again (he may not now though, due to the fact that he knows he owes ME 300 bucks. Although some people can be very thick skinned. He can also try bypass me by asking for delivery but the sales team know whats happened and our driver will be conveniently unavailable to deliver for the next 12 months.

Blog Entries

I can't believe there are scumbags out there who "steal" like that, its just unacceptable.
    www.houseofmyglory.com
    I only use Ozone Friendly Language

I never check. Funny enough I keep all of my receipts. I hoard them basically. Yet I never look at them to double check.

One time I accompanied some friends grocery shopping. After all the items are rung up, my friend finds he's short R300 in his hand. So I offer to swipe that R300. Then he pays the cash he has. After he hands over his cash the machine is still showing R300 short! So we look to another friend who happens to have R300 in his wallet. Now the thing is sorted and we start to leave. Meanwhile, people behind us are very angry at this delay . Now I have a funny feeling in my stomach because none of this makes any damn sense and I start calculating in my head. We just all have a tendency to trust the screen at the till but really the machine is only as good as the human operating it. Apparently what happened is when I swiped at first that R300 never decreased from the total on the screen and we didn't notice or question it because of that trust. After approaching the manager we got our refund and the lady got her ass chewed out. Well....okay looking back at the one I have to say we were just having a blonde moment.

Also one time I was entering my pin and I noticed the number on screen was a hundred dollars off. Considering I had things worth R20 in my plastic I was very confused but the nice lady said sorry and fixed it.

By not paying the full amount he is breaking the law. Just inform him that he hasn't paid the full amount and request that he make payment to settle his account. If he doesn't pay, you can report him. As far as I know this will show on his credit report. Threaten him with debt collection agency and blacklisting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12