Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Poor signal after tower upgrade

Default Poor signal after tower upgrade

Hi

I hope someone can help me. I have been struggling with VC to upgrade our tower here in Allanridge for the last two or three years. The GSM/EGDE signal was very good just very slow, so I got the sms below from VC and from there the signal is very poor, granted I sometime get 3G but the signal never goes more the two stripes (it used to be full) I tried in the phone settings to ignore the 3G and just connect via GSM, but the signal is still very poor

Message from Vodacom: Dear Customer kindly be advised that the new tower at ALANRIDGE is live and this will improve the signal in your area. Thank you for your patience. If the problem is ongoing please contact Vodacom on 082111.
    Kind regards, Vodacom Kulsoem Hajwanie

Please help me

give it a few weeks, it takes some time to optimise the cells.
    Volunteer Wildfire Services - Committed to Extinguishing Wildfires

Hi
    It's been bout two week now, i will give it some more time tx

how far away are you from the tower? 3G doesn't go as far as 2G. If it doesn't improve then you might want to nag Vodacom to build a closer tower.
    Putting towers closer to you since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    Hi

I hope someone can help me. I have been struggling with VC to upgrade our tower here in Allanridge for the last two or three years. The GSM/EGDE signal was very good just very slow, so I got the sms below from VC and from there the signal is very poor, granted I sometime get 3G but the signal never goes more the two stripes (it used to be full) I tried in the phone settings to ignore the 3G and just connect via GSM, but the signal is still very poor

Message from Vodacom: Dear Customer kindly be advised that the new tower at ALANRIDGE is live and this will improve the signal in your area. Thank you for your patience. If the problem is ongoing please contact Vodacom on 082111.
    Kind regards, Vodacom Kulsoem Hajwanie

Please help me
    Kindly provide me with the cell or ref number

Quote Originally Posted by TowerGuru View Post
    how far away are you from the tower? 3G doesn't go as far as 2G. If it doesn't improve then you might want to nag Vodacom to build a closer tower.
    Sorry for the late reply, i was away for a wile. The tower is as the crow flies bout 5km from me. It is on top those grain storage things so it is quite high

Is there LOS?

Master

Same thing here in Montgomery Park. New tower, worse signal. Been about 3 months already. That's why I am moving over to 8ta. It's much better here.

Quote Originally Posted by TowerGuru View Post
    Is there LOS?
    LOS? What is that

LOS? What is that
    Line-of-sight

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    No, but it is not very far

No, but it is not very far
    Yeah. VC will prob get the planning and optimization guys to fiddle and see if they can make it work. But it sounds to me like you will need to get VC to put up a closer BTS.