Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Energy Saving Lights

Default Energy Saving Lights

Hey guys, I am looking to replace some lights I have. They are 50W down lighters. I am looking for something about 3-5 W LED's, which is preferably wide light dispersion. I have been looking around but haven't found any good deals. If anybody can suggest a good place to buy these at low cost, please suggest. I am looking to buy approx 50 bulbs.

Where about are you? A friend of mine sells LED lights. Its pretty good quality and I am yet to see anyone in South Africa that comes close to the prices he sells at. He is based in Cape Town.

Quote Originally Posted by ratty View Post
    Where about are you? A friend of mine sells LED lights. Its pretty good quality and I am yet to see anyone in South Africa that comes close to the prices he sells at. He is based in Cape Town.
    Please PM me his contact details. I need to buy quite a few.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    :-)

Sent you a pm. He supplies many of the local wholesalers in ct but does other sales as well.

Hey, are they the narrow screw bulbs? U gonna struggle to find decent cheapies-best I found is PnP Choice - approx R20 each

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Hey, are they the narrow screw bulbs? U gonna struggle to find decent cheapies-best I found is PnP Choice - approx R20 each
    Firstly I think you're talking about E14 fittings, and that's not a downlighter necessarily. Secondly, R20 for even just a 3W LED downlighter bulb is ridiculously cheap. If so, you should have bought all the stock from pnp and resell them?! But I'm guessing you're confused with either CFLs or old halogen-crappy-bulbs.

OP builder's warehouse sometimes have (locally produced?) ellies LEDs in various fittings for a fairly decent price, in cool/warm white.

Quote Originally Posted by brucem View Post
    Rather just get them free - www.elliesrenewable.co.za
    Those are not LED lights that they use.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zeridine View Post
    Firstly I think you're talking about E14 fittings, and that's not a downlighter necessarily. Secondly, R20 for even just a 3W LED downlighter bulb is ridiculously cheap. If so, you should have bought all the stock from pnp and resell them?! But I'm guessing you're confused with either CFLs or old halogen-crappy-bulbs.

OP builder's warehouse sometimes have (locally produced?) ellies LEDs in various fittings for a fairly decent price, in cool/warm white.
    Apologies, I did not see OP said LED

Quote Originally Posted by Sensorei View Post
    Those are not LED lights that they use.
    How do you know that??

We sell,based in JHB though
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

Quote Originally Posted by brucem View Post
    How do you know that??
    Yeah, what globes do they use?

OK tx all for the help. Really Appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by NN123 View Post
    Hey guys, I am looking to replace some lights I have. They are 50W down lighters. I am looking for something about 3-5 W LED's, which is preferably wide light dispersion. I have been looking around but haven't found any good deals. If anybody can suggest a good place to buy these at low cost, please suggest. I am looking to buy approx 50 bulbs.
    I picked up the Waco brand of LED bulbs at brights, and they are a nice quality, a little pricey, however maybe if you are looking at buying a larger quantity contact them.

http://www.wacoelec.co.za/Lighting_%283%29.html

Wide light dispersion is sometimes a problem with LED lights, if i am not mistaken on downlighters it about 30 degrees.
    There is a version of LED that has a "column" of diodes in the bulb for a normal room illumination, but they are normally only available in screw-in and bayonet fixtures.
    Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

I suffer from CDO, it's like OCD, but in the correct alphabetical order.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast